shooting gloves [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : shooting gloves

roundgun
02-11-2010, 05:02
My wife has a hard time with dry and cracking fingers. we bought some hatch gloves, too thick for her. I was thinking that we could find her a set of gloves that are thin enough to allow her to practice and do dry fire techniques. She wants them to be on the thin side so that she can better feel of the grip, slide and mags. Anyone have a suggestion or experience would be appreciated. Thank you

LilWolfess
02-11-2010, 05:40
I actually use motocross gloves a lot (Thor brand, Phase model from roughly the 2006 season). They are more fitted than Mechanix brand gloves, and are pre-curved designed for the hand, with little or no padding except on the knuckles. I bought them for about four bucks online in a clearance section.

Cherokee Slim
02-11-2010, 07:54
My wife had problems with shooting .40 and .45acp pistols. She tried several shooting gloves but ended up happy with standard weightlifting gloves from Walmart. They have padding in just the right place to reduce recoil and protect her hands.
Cherokee Slim

Mrs.Cicero
02-16-2010, 17:21
try Cabelas. They have a bunch of shooting gloves, all sorts and styles and substances. Mine are very thin, brown leather on the palm side and a very light camo on the back. (They do come in less "hunting style" colors). They're good down to about 25 degrees, then i have to tuck my hands in my pockets or wear warmer, thicker gloves.

Mrs.Cicero

bluestar
02-16-2010, 18:12
Thanks for asking this, roundgun. I have the same problem as your wife.

jomocon
02-17-2010, 01:45
I just went through one of the sporting store chains - Academy I think - & tried on all the gloves I could find. Since I have small hands, I settled on a child's batting gloves. Works great for me, although I usually only wear the right hand.

David Armstrong
02-18-2010, 10:10
A second to jomocon. Batting gloves are great, IMO. Good price, great fit. When I would go to Thunder Ranch or DTI or places like that I made it a point to take a few pair with me, and they were worth their weight in gold, IMO.