Cleaning kit not fitting in buttstock [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning kit not fitting in buttstock

m87
02-12-2010, 00:06
So I have a Saiga SGL-21. There is a space in the buttstock for small arsenal cleaning kit that I ordered along with the gun from K-var.

Here's the problem: It pushes in just fine, but once I push it in far enough so that the "trapdoor" springs closed back over the kit, the kit gets stuck. There is a spring that rests under the kit when in place, but it's definitely wedged in there(I thought it would push the kit back out). The only way to get it out is to remove the plate from the end of the buttstock and get the kit out of there with fingers or pliers. I'm pretty sure the kit is supposed to be able to enter and exit the stock without removing this plate.

Has this happened to anybody else? So far, I've spend 5-10 minutes trying to remove material inside the stock with course sandpaper, but it's still getting stuck. Maybe I have to remove more material.

SidX
02-12-2010, 11:30
Same thing was happening to mine. I removed the buttplate and spring then inserted the cleaning kit to see where it was getting stuck. The places I saw it was sticking I filed.

Didn't remove alot of material and kept checking and filing checking and filing.

Cleaning kit pops right in and out now.

m87
02-12-2010, 19:41
Ok, thanks!