Ultimate cliploader [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate cliploader

BK63
02-12-2010, 11:13
I just got one of these things for my ruger MII and dang it works pretty good. Trying to load 22's one at a time is a pain. Is there anything else out there like this that works?

Bilbo Bagins
02-12-2010, 14:21
If your having trouble finding a clip loader online, its because the proper term is magazine not clip. :whistling:

Here is one
http://www.gunblast.com/Cliploader.htm

BK63
02-12-2010, 14:25
I actually searched for magazine speedloaders and found the cliploader.

XNDR17C
02-12-2010, 16:09
I have not found anything that works as well as the ultimate cliploader. It's just so darn easy to load 4 mags for my 22/45 mkIII in seconds.

mteagle1
02-13-2010, 11:25
Had a similar model several years ago and I never could get the screw adjusted to reliably load the 10th round.

M2 Carbine
02-13-2010, 12:08
I bought one of these things some months back for my Rugers and Buckmark.
It has to be adjusted for the Ruger mag or Buckmark to load the last round.
Most times when friends are shooting with me we are shooting both guns, so I don't bother adjusting between mags.

No Way would I ever be without one of these loaders again. We go through a LOT of 22LR. I'm thinking about buying another one just in case they become unavailable.

I wish they would make them for other semi auto mags, like the S&W M&P 15-22 and Sig 522. Those mags take time to load.

98_1LE
02-13-2010, 17:27
I need to try mine again. I bought it when they first came out and never could get it to work.

Of course loading mags quicker just means a bigger ammo bill. Oh well. :)

BK63
02-13-2010, 18:44
I used this thing today at the range and went through a lot of 22's but then thats what I'm there for. After I finish shooting the other stuff I have, I don't want to go home just yet so I pull out the 22. I have a Ruger Mark II and it works great with a new mag I just bought but not well with the older mag I have with the gun so I just used the one mag but you can load it pretty fast. You do have to adjust it for a peticular mag but it's a lot better than loading 22's one by one. I saw somebody on a site doing a review and said it works better with a little silicone sprayed in it now and then. I didn't try that but it's a thought. I have to move the mag in and out a little to get it to feed but it is definately a lot quicker than standing there feeding shells 1 by 1.

deadite
02-15-2010, 06:12
I love mine. I've sung the praises of the Ultimate Clip Loader for a while now. I got one for me and my dad and he loves it, too.

One trick with the loader is to shoot spray silicon lube in the reservoir before you use it. It really gets the cartridges moving while loading.

Honestly, I didn't sell a Ruger mark because I liked the loader so much. :) It works with a few other mags as well.

If you have a Ruger or a Buckmark, buy at least 5 mags and an UCL and you're good to go.

deadite

M2 Carbine
02-15-2010, 06:56
I have to move the mag in and out a little to get it to feed
I find this to be the case also most of the time but it's like quickly jiggle the mag a couple times and it's full.

One trick with the loader is to shoot spray silicon lube in the reservoir before you use it. It really gets the cartridges moving while loading.

I have to try this. I believe I have a spray can of silicon in the shop.

Of course loading mags quicker just means a bigger ammo bill. Oh well.
That's for sure.
I find that now when using 4-6 magazines in the Buckmark or Ruger we stand behind the shooter and keep loading magazines and sticking them in the shooter's pocket.:supergrin:

trob
02-15-2010, 09:07
cool, thanks for the heads up

deadite
02-15-2010, 09:14
Had a similar model several years ago and I never could get the screw adjusted to reliably load the 10th round.

Just curious, what model gun do you use it for?

I'm assuming that you'd know to back the screw out a little to push the follower down more, allowing the 10th round to drop in.

Either way, they're easier to load them that way as opposed to using the thumb method. :)

deadite

M2 Carbine
02-15-2010, 11:56
Somebody put a lot of thought in that loader.
I wonder how many models they made before they got it to work.:)

deadite
02-15-2010, 12:22
Somebody put a lot of thought in that loader.
I wonder how many models they made before they got it to work.:)

What I find interesting is that the company, McFadden Machine, doesn't seem to be a firearms accessories company. They're mostly a pharmaceutical tool and die company. To me, this explains the "clip" faux pas in the title of Ultimate Clip Loader.

http://www.mcfaden.com/Clip_Loader.htm

You're right, though. It's a little bit of genious.

http://www.gunblast.com/images/Cliploader/MVC-013F.jpg

deadite

Flipz
02-15-2010, 13:25
I bought one of these things some months back for my Rugers and Buckmark.
It has to be adjusted for the Ruger mag or Buckmark to load the last round.
Most times when friends are shooting with me we are shooting both guns, so I don't bother adjusting between mags.

No Way would I ever be without one of these loaders again. We go through a LOT of 22LR. I'm thinking about buying another one just in case they become unavailable.

I wish they would make them for other semi auto mags, like the S&W M&P 15-22 and Sig 522. Those mags take time to load.

Theres a rumor that Maglula is working on a speedloader for the Sig Sauer 522. It will also work with Black Dog magazines as they are the same as the Sig mags since Black Dog makes the mags for Sig Sauer.

Also, in about a month Black Dog will be releasing their Gen 3 mags which will have a load assist thumb button and metal feed lips.

mteagle1
02-15-2010, 13:59
Just curious, what model gun do you use it for?

I'm assuming that you'd know to back the screw out a little to push the follower down more, allowing the 10th round to drop in.

Either way, they're easier to load them that way as opposed to using the thumb method. :)

deadite

MK II Competition and MK II 22/45 and the screw pushed loading pin down as far as it would go. Loaded the first 9 great and left the 10th laying on top to fall out when I removed the magazine. In it's defense it loaded the first 5,000 rounds pretty good. After it went TU spraying it with silicon did not help. Bought the $1.99 plastic gadget to hold the loader down and haven't looked back.

deadite
02-15-2010, 18:49
Bought the $1.99 plastic gadget to hold the loader down and haven't looked back.

I need one of those for my 41.

deadite

M2 Carbine
02-15-2010, 20:57
Theres a rumor that Maglula is working on a speedloader for the Sig Sauer 522. It will also work with Black Dog magazines as they are the same as the Sig mags since Black Dog makes the mags for Sig Sauer.

Good.
Look out Wal Mart, I'll need a LOT of bulk pack Federal.:supergrin:

Also, in about a month Black Dog will be releasing their Gen 3 mags which will have a load assist thumb button and metal feed lips.

Ain't that always the way, I just bought 14 BD magazines for the SIG.

I heard they are also making their 50 round drum to fit the Colt, S&W M&P, SIG 522 and Ruger 10/22, by making a replaceable top to match the gun.