Bayo problem. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bayo problem.

BigNic
02-12-2010, 18:45
The bayonet that came with my WASR doesn't fit onto the bayonet lug. From what I can tell, it is the correct type of bayo for a WASR. It seems that the lug is too thick. Anyone ever experience this before? Any fix ideas that don't require a dremel tool?

Here's a pic of the bayonet...
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n333/Nicolai1234/ak471.jpg

sputnik767
02-12-2010, 19:04
Everything looks correct. Try to install the bayonet (carefully) without the shield. Then put the shield back on. With the shield installed, I can't easily mount the bayonet on my Yugo.

BigNic
02-12-2010, 19:14
I'll give that a try, thank you.

Puppy
02-12-2010, 19:30
If you have to dremel, don't dremel the bayonet lug, dremel the groove in the bayonet's handle instead.

GIockGuy24
02-12-2010, 21:50
WASR rifles are not imported with bayonet liugs. Either somebody added the gas block with the bayonet lug or welded something there (less likely) or the bayonet lug was ground down / rounded off in Romania before it was imported. Look closely at the bayonet lug. Compare it with a good one. The gas block may have a defective one but I bet it's been ground down. The latest WASR rifles are made from parts from military rifles. The earlier WASR rifles were assembled with new parts and no bayonet lug at all. They may have ground down that one, built the rifle and refinished it.