Questions About My First Build [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Questions About My First Build

zagzig
02-12-2010, 23:55
First, let me say I'm doing this on an extremely tight budget. I'm getting ready to order a mid-length kit from del-ton.com with no upgrades except for the M4 feed ramps. One of my concerns is buying the chromoly barrel and regretting not getting the chrome lined. I thought about the m-aparts.com kit, but I've heard more bad than good about them.

I'll be building the kit on top of a Sharps lower that can be had for a mere $55 from Rguns. Yes it's ugly, but people have been happy with them, it's cheap and Rguns is local to me. I'm building it to shoot the hell out of and not for looks. Besides I'm sure BRD will set in and I'll be building a nicer AR in a few years.

That said, is this gun going to suck and should I wait and build something better? Does anyone want to buy a slightly used kidney so I can build a nicer AR and still have money left over for mags, ammo and a buis? :)

billyblooshoes
02-13-2010, 00:07
First, let me say I'm doing this on an extremely tight budget. I'm getting ready to order a mid-length kit from del-ton.com with no upgrades except for the M4 feed ramps. One of my concerns is buying the chromoly barrel and regretting not getting the chrome lined. I thought about the m-aparts.com kit, but I've heard more bad than good about them.

I'll be building the kit on top of a Sharps lower that can be had for a mere $55 from Rguns. Yes it's ugly, but people have been happy with them, it's cheap and Rguns is local to me. I'm building it to shoot the hell out of and not for looks. Besides I'm sure BRD will set in and I'll be building a nicer AR in a few years.

That said, is this gun going to suck and should I wait and build something better? Does anyone want to buy a slightly used kidney so I can build a nicer AR and still have money left over for mags, ammo and a buis? :)

i've heard nothing but good things about the del-ton stuff. i almost bought a spec'd upper from them for my first build, but i got lucky and found a used but never fired RRA Entry Tactical upper at my local gunshop for a steal. whats your budget?

zagzig
02-13-2010, 00:17
I'm trying to keep it around $600, but will go over that as I still need a couple mags and buis.