Pressure switch won't stay put! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pressure switch won't stay put!

Wade-0
02-13-2010, 15:39
I recently upgraded the forend on my Mossy 500 with a Hogue overmolded version. The problem now is my remote pressure switch for my light won't stay mounted to it. I've tried 3M "Permanent" adhesive velcro and it seems to be holding well when I put the gun in the safe, but inevitably when I pull the gun out of the safe later, it's dangling loose again.

I've always prepped the rubber surface by cleaning with alcohol. Are there any other things I should try? Scuffing it with sandpaper maybe? I was also considering some spray adhesive like Super77, or even super glue. Anyone have any tricks I can try?

MBG20
02-14-2010, 11:26
tape switches are nothing but trouble...waiting to get hung up on something or jammed up in your fore end...id get rid of it...

hogarth
02-14-2010, 13:52
Gotta agree. For the price of the Hogue forend, your light, and your tape switch, you could have probably gotten close in $ value to just having a Surefire LED forend. I have one and love it and will never have to worry about tape switch, cords, etc.

Wade-0
02-14-2010, 20:50
Gotta agree. For the price of the Hogue forend, your light, and your tape switch, you could have probably gotten close in $ value to just having a Surefire LED forend. I have one and love it and will never have to worry about tape switch, cords, etc.

I've heard bad things about the Surefire forend combined with the Knoxx SpecOps stock, so I decided to go a different route.

GlockPride
02-16-2010, 20:34
Jb weld- it ain't goin nowhere!!

janice6
02-16-2010, 20:48
I have used GOOP for some tough jobs.

aippi
02-16-2010, 22:15
There is nothing bad about the Surefire when used with the SpecOps or Mesa. You simply have to learn to use the weapon with proper hand placement on the forend. I have sold hundreds of them configured like this with no issues.

So the bad things you heard were from guys who did not take the time to learn how to use their weapon. Just like the post you read from guys who say the SpecOps does not work or slaps them. They simply don't know how to use it.

The advise you got from MGB is good advise. Cables are a pain and can hang up at the most inopertune time like when your A double S is on the line. If you light has a tail cap switch you can set it up on the left side of the wepaon and operate it with your index finger and you don't need a pressure pad or a Surefire forend.

If you go to glue the pad on, remember to use somthing that will not melt the over molded rubber on the forend.

JohnJak
02-17-2010, 08:24
Rubber is an oil based product. It will not stick with all those fancy glues and tapes.

wildwilson
02-21-2010, 10:04
I don’t know if this is the same problem that you are having, but here goes: I could not get the sticky side of the Velcro to stick to the back side of the pressure switch. I’ll skip all the failures and focus what worked for me. Get a small tube of Permatex black silicone adhesive sealant (3oz is more than enough) (found at any automotive store). Clean the back side of the pressure switch and apply a thin layer of Permatex, then have your pre-cut or shaped Velcro set it on the applied Permatex. I then used a wooden tongue depressor and rubber bands to hold it together until the Permatex cured.
Hope this is of some help.