Firestorm 1911 problem today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Firestorm 1911 problem today

DLL9mm
02-14-2010, 12:11
I was at the range today with my new Rock Island and my Firestorm 1911. Everything was fine. I had a new Wilson 47d magazine I needed to test in my Firestorm. I fired all 8rounds and my Firestorm "Locked-up". I dropped the mag and had to pound the slide forward. Then it was fine. I loaded the same mag back up just to see if it was the mag....Same thing again! Except this time It was really "Locked-up". I had the range officer fix it. He said it was the mag. I only had this problem when I used the Wilson mag. After the range officer fixed it, I fired 30 more rounds through it with different mags. When it "Locked-up" the slide stop was pushed out alittle. I think the follower was pushing the slide-stop out of the frame on the last round. Anyone ever have a similar problem?
Here is a picture of it locked up....
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f197/dll1488/IMG_2905Small.jpg

headhog
02-14-2010, 14:05
Sounds like you have an out of spec slide stop. The nose that engages the magazine follower may be protruding a little too far. So on the last round instead fo just engaging the little lip on the magazine follower it's hitting entire follower, pushig it out (right to left). Get a different slide stop and try it.

DLL9mm
02-14-2010, 15:29
I decided to recreate the issue in my Rock Island. I put the Wilson mag in, racked the slide, and.....Same thing as pictured above! Locked the slide up in the same spot. That narrows it right down to the mag. Is there any kind of warranty on these mags?

bac1023
02-14-2010, 15:38
Give Wilson a call.

Do you have more than one Wilson 47d?

DLL9mm
02-14-2010, 16:01
Give Wilson a call.

Do you have more than one Wilson 47d?

Just one. I will get ahold of them. Thanks