Magnum Shot Shells Worth It? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Shot Shells Worth It?

Ljay
02-14-2010, 21:27
Was wondering what some of you think if there are a major difference in a regular high brass and a magnum shotshell? Talkin about the 2-3/4 loads not the 3"

I think its not worth it, and can see no difference in game animals, But was wondering if anybody has did some technical testing of the two,

Also low brass shotshells seem to be very effective on game as well as high brass and have always said anything a 12ga. can do a 20ga. can do,

I hunt equally with a 20ga. as i do a 12ga. As long as I do my part both are extremely deadly!

southernshooter
02-15-2010, 09:26
Was wondering what some of you think if there are a major difference in a regular high brass and a magnum shotshell? Talkin about the 2-3/4 loads not the 3"

I think its not worth it, and can see no difference in game animals, But was wondering if anybody has did some technical testing of the two,

Also low brass shotshells seem to be very effective on game as well as high brass and have always said anything a 12ga. can do a 20ga. can do,

I hunt equally with a 20ga. as i do a 12ga. As long as I do my part both are extremely deadly!

Maybe for ducks or geese? At least in your mind you are putting out all the range you can. Hunting deer also you might need that extra few feet of range the 3" might give on buck shot.