Rear sight loose [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rear sight loose

Longshot308
02-15-2010, 10:59
I have a Glock 35 the rear sight is loose,I can move it left and right about 1/4" without a screwdriver.Is this a situation that can be fixed ? Any info will be appreciated.

Brucev
02-15-2010, 11:28
If the rear sight is the standard OEM and it has not been modified, removed and replaced, etc., then I'd contact Glock and let them fix it. If it is a after-market part made of steel, you might use locktite to get it to stay in place. Another more aggressive fix is to use a punch to roughen the base of the sight dovetail in the slide so that the rear sight will be more firmly held in place. HTH. Sincerely. Brucev.

Longshot308
02-15-2010, 12:31
If the rear sight is the standard OEM and it has not been modified, removed and replaced, etc., then I'd contact Glock and let them fix it. If it is a after-market part made of steel, you might use locktite to get it to stay in place. Another more aggressive fix is to use a punch to roughen the base of the sight dovetail in the slide so that the rear sight will be more firmly held in place. HTH. Sincerely. Brucev.
Thanks for the quick reply I might try the punch or locktite fix.Steve

itsgottabeapit
02-16-2010, 05:06
One thing a lot of people may not know...

The dovetail on the glock is a little narrower on the ends..that's why you can move it back and forth in the middle. But of course you shouldn't be able to. IF it's the plastic OEM sight they are $5 shipped on ebay. Get a new one or get glock to make it right.

I think I'd try to find another rear sight. But it couldn't hurt to give Bruce's advice a try.