Has anyone tried the Elcan RD red dot sight? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the Elcan RD red dot sight?

CarbineKid
02-15-2010, 11:00
I am in the market for a diffrent type of red dot sight. I like my EOtech and Aimpoint is the gold standard but hows Elcan? I found this model at ****** http://www.******tactical.com/elcanspecterrd.html It really got my interest(the specs look very positive). Does anyone have any info on this sight?

g21owner
02-15-2010, 12:04
Dont know anyhing about the sight, but google ****** Tactical reviews then decide if you want to purchase from them.

blaster_54738
02-15-2010, 16:40
****** is fine as long as you call to make sure it's in stock first. as for the sight, i have wondered the same thing. i was actually stuck between the rd and my eotech, i sprung for the eotech because thats what all the pd's i work with use. this next line is from elcan's webiste

Branded Products: ELCAN supplies mission critical optics to every major military subcontractor in North America and Europe. ELCAN is standard issue for small arms for military in the U.S.A., Canada, Europe and Allied Forces. The dual-role SpecterDR and the infrared PhantomIR lines of advanced sighting systems house precision optics that are rugged, reliable, combat tested and cost-effective.

if i had the funds and another rifle to put it on i'd give it a try

AK_Stick
02-15-2010, 17:34
Personally, having used Elcan optics in the military and Iraq, I wouldn't give them a dime of my money.

They're universally known for having zero issues, and POI shift during use.

CarbineKid
02-15-2010, 21:28
Personally, having used Elcan optics in the military and Iraq, I wouldn't give them a dime of my money.

Thanks for the info, I guess thats why nobody owns one. I'll stear clear of this RDS.

AK_Stick
02-15-2010, 21:30
For what its worth I believe AKCOP, AKPOPO's roomie owns the Elcan DR and seems to like it.

CarbineKid
02-15-2010, 23:39
THe DR is a totally different sight from the RD. Either way I think Im passing on this one...too little info to spend $400 plus on
Thanks

AK_Stick
02-16-2010, 00:06
I realize that, but they're made by the same company.

KalashniKEV
02-16-2010, 07:13

Hahaha... I read that as "zero issues" (i.e. none) and was like, "Whaaaaaaa!?!?" before I even got to the end of the sentence.

Elcan sucks the big one. Optical clarity is terrible too- Captain Nemo's periscope probably looked better.

kabob983
02-16-2010, 08:46
Hahaha... I read that as "zero issues" (i.e. none) and was like, "Whaaaaaaa!?!?" before I even got to the end of the sentence.

I thought the exact same thing.

Should have written "Zeroing issues."

crazymoose
02-16-2010, 17:24
No info about the Elcan red dot. However, the Aimpoint family is a known commodity (and an excellent commodity, at that), at virtually the same price range.