Name some accurate 1911's. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Name some accurate 1911's.

MeatGrinder
02-15-2010, 20:22
I'm thinking of buying a 1911 for target shooting. Probably want adjustable sights, nice trigger pull, and good accuracy.
Will a Springfield Armory "Loaded" be good enough?
I don't want to spend over $1K.
Also, anyone know if a 40S&W or 45ACP 1911 will give the same accuracy?

MacG22
02-15-2010, 20:44
Springfield TRP. Unbelievably accurate.

Dan Wesson Valor. Equally accurate and a bit more beautiful to boot.

dakrat
02-15-2010, 20:50
Les Baer is the ultimate in 1911 accuracy.. but its over 1k... my Springfield Milspec is pretty accurate offhand but havent tested it on bench. if you are getting a Springfield, make sure you get the one with the serial number that starts with "NM". the nm serial numbers are made in the USA not in brazil and has tighter fitted materials.

MacG22
02-15-2010, 20:55
Les Baer is the ultimate in 1911 accuracy.. but its over 1k... my Springfield Milspec is pretty accurate offhand but havent tested it on bench. if you are getting a Springfield, make sure you get the one with the serial number that starts with "NM". the nm serial numbers are made in the USA not in brazil and has tighter fitted materials.

I don't agree with "ultimate in 1911 accuracy". I've both tested and watched testing of many, many 1911s from a bench.

Baer is definitely good. One of the best. But I've seen Dan Wessons, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Ed Browns, and SA Customs all out perform Baers on different days and with different models. I don't think it's accurate to say "ultimate in 1911 accuracy". I've seen nothing to confirm that.

I would say that to get the "ultimate 1911 accuracy" you need to get a good gun and have an accuracy package done on it from a good 1911 smith. Lot's of well known places to do it. Severens Customs is probably the best I've personally witnessed, but I'm sure there are some that are equally as good.

And besides, you'll not even find a used Baer for 1k range. You will find a Valor, TRP, and etc at that range pre-owned.

dakrat
02-15-2010, 21:20
I don't agree with "ultimate in 1911 accuracy". I've both tested and watched testing of many, many 1911s from a bench.

Baer is definitely good. One of the best. But I've seen Dan Wessons, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Ed Browns, and SA Customs all out perform Baers on different days and with different models. I don't think it's accurate to say "ultimate in 1911 accuracy". I've seen nothing to confirm that.

I would say that to get the "ultimate 1911 accuracy" you need to get a good gun and have an accuracy package done on it from a good 1911 smith. Lot's of well known places to do it. Severens Customs is probably the best I've personally witnessed, but I'm sure there are some that are equally as good.

And besides, you'll not even find a used Baer for 1k range. You will find a Valor, TRP, and etc at that range pre-owned.
do they come with a 1.5" groups at 50 yards proof?

steve4102
02-15-2010, 21:38
Dan Wesson

MD357
02-15-2010, 21:43

Care to provide some reference to all of this testing?

willowofwisp
02-15-2010, 21:47
for out of the box "claimed" accuracy you can't go wrong with a Baer...you can get a 1.5" at 50 yards premier II for around 1800-1900$...now i am not saying that other 1911's can't beat or obtain the same accuracy but its a pretty far stretch at that price.

bac1023
02-15-2010, 21:47
RRA made some very accurate 1911s.

Of course, they don't make them now and they were well over $1000 anyway.

I say STI Trojan.

Brian Brazier
02-15-2010, 22:48
Les Baer is the ultimate in 1911 accuracy.. but its over 1k... my Springfield Milspec is pretty accurate offhand but havent tested it on bench. if you are getting a Springfield, make sure you get the one with the serial number that starts with "NM". the nm serial numbers are made in the USA not in Brazil and has tighter fitted materials.

NM Mil Specs are assembled in the US, but the parts are still made in Brazil I believe

ronin.45
02-15-2010, 23:38
In the sub-$1000 range accuracy will be good but not great usually. I like the Loaded Stainless and the Trojan.

Morgo
02-16-2010, 04:24
I say STI Trojan.

+ 1, but in .38 Super :)

Springfield's loaded stainless is not bad, but not as good when compared to the Sti.

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/brycemorgan452/P1030171.jpg
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp4/brycemorgan452/P1030169.jpg

itsgottabeapit
02-16-2010, 04:55
I'd get a used Kimber Stainless Target II, it's going to come with adjustable target sights. You should be able to find a used one for under $900.

I have one and I love it. A friend I work with liked it so much he bought one.

Quack
02-16-2010, 07:32
for $1000 i would say STI Trojan.

glock2740
02-16-2010, 08:28
http://hallstoncustom.com/home.html

Call this guy. John Vincent did a great job on a Kimber Target II I bought used in LNIB condition for $600. I went with a used Kimber Target, because it already had alot of options that appeal to most 1911 buyers and was in great shape at a good price. John's gone up a bit since I had him do mine, but he specializes in bullseye guns and did an AWESOME job on mine. If you can find a cheap SA mil-spec or Kimber Custom, he can add target sights to it while he has it. That would put you in your price range and he guarantees avg. groups of 2.5" at 50 yards. I haven't got to put mine on a ransom rest to see what the gun can really do, but it shoots damn good in my hands. Plus, the guy is top notch to work with. He's a one man show, even answers the phone himself, and it may take him 1-3 months before you get your gun back, depending on his workload, but the the guy can flat out turn out a shooter. You'll really be short changing yourself, not to at least call him.

Bill Lumberg
02-16-2010, 08:31
Simply put, absolutely. Whether it's an NM or not, the answer is yes.

I'm thinking of buying a 1911 for target shooting. Probably want adjustable sights, nice trigger pull, and good accuracy.
Will a Springfield Armory "Loaded" be good enough?
I don't want to spend over $1K.

Glockdude1
02-16-2010, 08:42
Springfield MC Operator. (Steel frame)

:thumbsup:

MacG22
02-16-2010, 09:00
Care to provide some reference to all of this testing?

I've provided plenty of data and info here on many, many guns in my years here.

But you don't need to take my word for it. Go on the 1911forum. There's target testing there all the time. I you want the info it's easy to find.

bac1023
02-16-2010, 09:01
Springfield TRP. Unbelievably accurate.

Dan Wesson Valor. Equally accurate and a bit more beautiful to boot.

Two great 1911s for a reasonable price.

bac1023
02-16-2010, 09:04

It totally depends on the gun, but I'm not a big 40S&W fan to begin with, especially in a 1911.

To be honest, I really only like 1911s in 45ACP. :dunno:

Call it a severe mental block, if you will. :supergrin:

MD357
02-16-2010, 09:44
I've provided plenty of data and info here on many, many guns in my years here.

OK great, so post your results so that we may reference it. I think it would be helpful here yes?

But you don't need to take my word for it. Go on the 1911forum. There's target testing there all the time. I you want the info it's easy to find

I'm pretty familiar with the 1911forums :supergrin: Haven't seen a direct comparison of these guns in terms of accuracy. Got a link?

It's kind of funny to see people mention a TRP. They are WAY north of $1000 now and in Baer territory, and a Baer is a significantly better built 1911. Valor..... yeah g'luck finding one. They hype has hit.

bac1023
02-16-2010, 10:12
It's kind of funny to see people mention a TRP. They are WAY north of $1000 now and in Baer territory, and a Baer is a significantly better built 1911. Valor..... yeah g'luck finding one. They hype has hit.

Well, you can still find the stainless TRPs for $1300 or so, which is still $200-$300 shy of the least expensive Baers. Also, for the $1300, you do get a magwell and probably a little nicer finish than a $1500 Baer Concept.

The Armory Kote TRPs are just too expensive, in my opinion.

I certainly agree that a Baer is a better 1911 all around, but I still think the stainless TRP has a niche in the market. Agree?

I know you like the TRP.

MacG22
02-16-2010, 10:19
OK great, so post your results so that we may reference it. I think it would be helpful here yes?

I'm pretty familiar with the 1911forums :supergrin: Haven't seen a direct comparison of these guns in terms of accuracy. Got a link?

I'm sorry, but you've got a few problems here:

1. I'm not going to do your research for you.

2. You're full of bad info. TRPs are not WAY north of $1k, and they're not close to "Baer Territory". The highest price TRP may get within a few hundred of the basic Baer, but it's off to the hills after that. Average price for a stainless TRP is $1,300, and I've seen two in the last week, used, in great condition for about $1,050. I would call that pretty close to $1k.

3. I've spent hours and hours preparing writeups for this and other sites. If they're still in the search history, you can have all the access to them you like. But it takes time and I'm not going to spend the time writing up something new because one guy says "Baer is the 'ULTIMATE IN 1911 ACCURACY".

Better idea for you. Go onto the 1911 forum and talk to a guy like Dave Severns (there are many other well respected 1911 smiths out there as well). Start a thread. I dare you. Just say "Dave Severns... I think that Baer is the ULTIMATE IN 1911 ACCURACY. Please respond." See what you get. :wavey:

4. Making a claim like that... the definitive claim that Baer is the Ultimate in 1911 Accuracy... is the type of comment YOU need justify. Not me. Some of my best friends are 1911 smiths and not only have I tested a lot of guns myself, but I've seen dozens and dozens of guns tested. From all major 1911 brands.

The reality is that different guns shoot a little different. Baers are one of the best and they have some great out of the box copies. But I've also seen a tuned up SA custom outshoot a tuned up Baer. I've seen a Wilson Combat that outshot everything on the line that day, including Fusion, Baer, Nighthawk, etc. I've seen absolutely nothing to support that Baer is "the ULTIMATE in 1911 ACCURACY". It's just silly to read. What I have seen is that Baers are excellent 1911s--one of the best. But there are copies from other companies that can outshoot them tuned and untuned, depending on the copy.

MastiffMan
02-16-2010, 10:28
Accuracy is on the shooter more than the pistol once you get up to semi custom and custom 1911's. JMO good sights and a great trigger and good ammo and a good shooter will give you about the same groups hand held at 25 meters with most semi custom to full custom ..
50 to 100 yards than the Baers and full custom pistols set up for more Accuracy should do better hand held groups.. I have gotten about the same hand held groups at 25 meters from Wilsons ... Nighthawks ... Browns and Baers with the 1 1/2"... I have never used a Ranson Rest...
I shoot slow fire indoors at 25 meters most of my range time 2 handed ...
Before I moved to TN, I use to shoot at 50 & 100 yards and noticed the Baers would group better for me.. JMO I am no expert but I will test a 1911 when I am at my best.. I only shot 1 Kimber 2 years ago a team Match and that thing was very good at 30 yards.. my Valor is almost as accurate as some of the semi customs I have owned..
Posting Targets will prove nothing unless you are there when they where done ..

MacG22
02-16-2010, 10:43
Posting Targets will prove nothing unless you are there when they where done ..

Which is why I always recommend reading the comparison shoots that are put up by gunsmiths. They have third party witnesses, they generally use several types of ammo in a single test, etc. Just putting up targets and even pics of a bench setup is not enough to be credible. And is certainly not enough to declare one gun "The ULTIMATE IN 1911 ACCURACY."

MastiffMan
02-16-2010, 10:57
Which is why I always recommend reading the comparison shoots that are put up by gunsmiths. They have third party witnesses, they generally use several types of ammo in a single test, etc. Just putting up targets and even pics of a bench setup is not enough to be credible. And is certainly not enough to declare one gun "The ULTIMATE IN 1911 ACCURACY."

I agree with you . I was talking about myself in posting Targets I have done..
I have had many conversations with a bunch of Gunsmiths looking for the "ULTIMATE IN 1911 ACCURACY." Dave Sams ... Bob Marvel... Bruce Gray and a bunch of others.. I truly think there is no 1 ULTIMATE 1911...

MacG22
02-16-2010, 11:02
I agree with you . I was talking about myself in posting Targets I have done..
I have had many conversations with a bunch of Gunsmiths looking for the "ULTIMATE IN 1911 ACCURACY." Dave Sams ... Bob Marvel... Bruce Gray and a bunch of others.. I truly think there is no 1 ULTIMATE 1911...

Exactly. That's exactly the point. I agree 100%.

But I just read through MD357's post history. This guys kind of a professional flamer, anyway. Every other comment he makes is a flame on one comment or another, and is generally some attempt to either tear down a poster or to con a poster into doing his research for him.

It also appears that after calling the PT1911 "a bag of MIM trash", he purchased one a week or so later. So clearly he states strong opinions but doesn't really back them up. Next week he can have a new strong opinion.

My guess is he'll buy a custom, tuned to roof Ed Brown a few weeks from now and we'll be reading about how Ed Brown is the "ULTIMATE IN 1911 ACCURACY". :rofl:

MastiffMan
02-16-2010, 11:05
I have seen 2 friends shoot Glocks at 25 yards ( Stock Pistols) that made my jaw drop.... One is a Fed and the other is a Correction Officer...:dunno:
Talk about saving money ...:supergrin:

MeatGrinder
02-16-2010, 11:05
I'm capable of shooting very good groups. I can hold a 2 1/2" group at 50 yds with a stock 6" revolver. Thats rested.

So, if the 1911 is a good one, I'll make it work.

bac1023
02-16-2010, 11:15
I'm capable of shooting very good groups. I can hold a 2 1/2" group at 50 yds with a stock 6" revolver. Thats rested.

That is good shooting.

Which revolver?

MastiffMan
02-16-2010, 11:16
Exactly. That's exactly the point. I agree 100%.

But I just read through MD357's post history. This guys kind of a professional flamer, anyway. Every other comment he makes is a flame on one comment or another, and is generally some attempt to either tear down a poster or to con a poster into doing his research for him.

It also appears that after calling the PT1911 "a bag of MIM trash", he purchased one a week or so later. So clearly he states strong opinions but doesn't really back them up. Next week he can have a new strong opinion.

My guess is he'll buy a custom, tuned to roof Ed Brown a few weeks from now and we'll be reading about how Ed Brown is the "ULTIMATE IN 1911 ACCURACY". :rofl:
I use to be into protection dogs and am a moderator on a dog board and got tired of all the bull. I still have my dogs but don't post that much about them. I just got into shooting 5 or 6 years ago and see the same stuff happens on gun boards..:supergrin:
Iife is to short to fight over this stuff ...

MastiffMan
02-16-2010, 11:18
That is good shooting.

Which revolver?

What is an accurate revolver 45 ???? I know nothing about them...

MeatGrinder
02-16-2010, 11:21
S&W 686 or Colt Python.
I used to shoot PPC matches.
The last time I went deer hunting I took a 10 point buck at 65 yds with a S&W 6" 629. No scope.
I've been shooting all my life and it comes easy to me.

bac1023
02-16-2010, 11:23
What is an accurate revolver 45 ???? I know nothing about them...

The Python is my favorite, but S&W made some great revolvers as well.

MeatGrinder
02-16-2010, 11:25

Me too. I used to hunt with one just so I could carry and shoot it. But, a 44 Mag is better for deer.

MastiffMan
02-16-2010, 11:25

Thanks..

MastiffMan
02-16-2010, 11:29
What are accurate 45 revolvers ??? I reload and only shoot 45's..

bac1023
02-16-2010, 11:31
What are accurate 45 revolvers ??? I reload and only shoot 45's..

45 Colt?

MastiffMan
02-16-2010, 11:39
Funny before I moved I was 30 mins from Coltís Manufacturing..
I only shoot 1911's but you never know....

<noscript>******** classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-44455326000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="680" height="34" id="header" align="middle" VIEWASTEXT>

******* src="header.swf?title=C O N T A C T * U S" menu="false" quality="best" scale="noscale" wmode="transparent" *********"#ffffff" width="680" height="34" name="header" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" </o</noscript>

ronin.45
02-16-2010, 11:53
If you only shoot 1911's I'll assume you want a revolver in .45ACP. The S&W 625 is a fantastic gun. I just got my 6th.

ronin.45
02-16-2010, 12:00
It's not showing my post so I'll say it again.

You say you shoot 1911's so you must want a .45ACP revolver. The S&W 625 is a fantastic gun. It will shoot your .45ACP stockpile nicely.

MastiffMan
02-16-2010, 12:04
If you only shoot 1911's I'll assume you want a revolver in .45ACP. The S&W 625 is a fantastic gun. I just got my 6th.

I use to be 35 mins from S&W and was a member of there range.. :supergrin:
I only shoot 45's and if I can rent one at the range I go too now I will give it a try.. I now am 16 or 17 hours away from S&W :supergrin:
Thanks for the info

hatidua
02-16-2010, 12:31
The S&W 625 is a fantastic gun. I just got my 6th.

It is indeed a nice gun.....but make sure you have large hands! I bought one, it was an amazing gun but was simply too big for me. If a person was dealt large hands, the 625 (preferably pre-lock) is very nice.

hatidua
02-16-2010, 12:41
-probably an article that many here have read before but page four deals a bit with the accuracy of several 1911's, both new, and after they've had 20K rounds down the tube:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BTT/is_144_24/ai_57886947/

MD357
02-16-2010, 12:55
1. I'm not going to do your research for you.

I'm asking you to back up your claims. It's not for ME. You provided some claims in accuracy and I wanted to see the comparison. If you don't have the reference then that's great, just admit it.

2. You're full of bad info. TRPs are not WAY north of $1k, and they're not close to "Baer Territory". The highest price TRP may get within a few hundred of the basic Baer, but it's off to the hills after that. Average price for a stainless TRP is $1,300, and I've seen two in the last week, used, in great condition for about $1,050. I would call that pretty close to $1k.

It's not bad info, it is what it is. These routinely go for $1300+ if not more new. Used? I've seen pricing all over the place. I'm just going off gunbroker, GA, CDNN, and Buds. I picked my TRS up for $1350 used. Even a PII is a significant step about a TRP as it is made with no MIM and fitted signficantly better. TRPs were actually decent deals when they were $1K new.

3. I've spent hours and hours preparing writeups for this and other sites. If they're still in the search history, you can have all the access to them you like. But it takes time and I'm not going to spend the time writing up something new because one guy says "Baer is the 'ULTIMATE IN 1911 ACCURACY".

I'm not asking you to. All I asked is that you reference your comparisons( in which I think it would be valuable here) of these guns and you've introduced red herring ever since. I'm not interested in the "Ultimate in Accuracy" statement, I'm just curious about the comparisons you say you've conducted.

Better idea for you. Go onto the 1911 forum and talk to a guy like Dave Severns (there are many other well respected 1911 smiths out there as well). Start a thread. I dare you. Just say "Dave Severns... I think that Baer is the ULTIMATE IN 1911 ACCURACY. Please respond." See what you get

Personally, I've talked to a LTW smith or two and they've told me that of the production guns, Baers and RRAs are setup to be highly accurate guns.

Nonetheless, no need to continue name dropping...I get it. Mr. Severns honestly proves my point or has. He's posted a Baer review with stellar accuracy.....

Hey wouldn't you know it.... Baer also printed the best group here that wasn't touched by Dave himself.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=255555

Seems he likes working on Baers and DWs.... hrmmm wonder why that is?

4. Making a claim like that... the definitive claim that Baer is the Ultimate in 1911 Accuracy... is the type of comment YOU need justify. Not me. Some of my best friends are 1911 smiths and not only have I tested a lot of guns myself, but I've seen dozens and dozens of guns tested. From all major 1911 brands.

Honestly, let's stop the tapdancing and red herring here. I didn't make that comment, therefore I'm not here to defend it. YOU made claims of your comparisons I asked for reference, you've backpeddled or insisted on talking about someone else's claims ever since.

The reality is that different guns shoot a little different. Baers are one of the best and they have some great out of the box copies. But I've also seen a tuned up SA custom outshoot a tuned up Baer.

This has kinda been my point all along which is why I wanted to see a comparison. Possibly to see the variables. The only thing we probably differ on is that I believe, along with many others, that Baer sets up his guns to be highly accurate from the shop, rather that's more of an emphasis than with other platforms.

bac1023
02-16-2010, 13:13
Funny before I moved I was 30 mins from Coltís Manufacturing..
I only shoot 1911's but you never know....

I actually meant the 45 Colt cartridge, not Colt's Manufacturing. ;)

MD357
02-16-2010, 13:13

There's a lot of BS on the internet forums so I ask questions. I DO ask people to back up some of their claims here and there, sorry, it's just the scientist in me. What I don't understand is the childish meltdown after you ask said questions. Namely you entering in ad hom, red herring, and trying to go through a fact finding mission through my old posts trying to discredit me. Really? Good god, why didn't you just man up and post your comparisons you said you'd conducted/"wrote for several forums" so that anyone here may reference.

Your reading comprehension is extremely poor. I did not buy a PT1911. I said I bought a PT101 (BIG HINT:the Beretta 96 copy) Nice little junker for $299 I might add. Otherwise, try again. I've made my comments on the PT1911 and other Taurus platforms where they weren't given the design and equipment to start off with, VERY clear. :cool:

My guess is he'll buy a custom, tuned to roof Ed Brown a few weeks from now and we'll be reading about how Ed Brown is the "ULTIMATE IN 1911 ACCURACY".

Again, I'm not sure if you are senile or just being childish here or maybe both. I didn't say the "ultimate in accuracy" comment, nor did I ever say I bought a PT1911. You were loosing enough ground trying to parrot Dave Severns every other word to provide some validation. So can you go back to being an adult?

MD357
02-16-2010, 13:40
Double post

willowofwisp
02-16-2010, 14:23
S&W 686 or Colt Python.
I used to shoot PPC matches.
The last time I went deer hunting I took a 10 point buck at 65 yds with a S&W 6" 629. No scope.
I've been shooting all my life and it comes easy to me.

Meat Grinder...i shoot PPC now indoor and with my built model 10 with an apex barrel i can hold 1" groups at 50 feet, shooting out or the best i have held at 25 yards was about 2.0" that was for a whole 60 round match though.

MacG22
02-16-2010, 15:06
Double post

Like I said, you are welcome to research all you like. The last thing I'm going to do is get into an argument with you...it appears it's what you do best on GT. I've read through your last 3 to 4 months posting and you've offered little and flamed a lot.

I stand by my assertions...I've seen nothing to defend the proposition that "Baer is the ULTIMATE IN 1911 ACCURACY", a statement you supported earlier.

Rinspeed
02-16-2010, 15:15
Something strange going on with this thread.

Tactical black
02-16-2010, 15:25

Next Joe Chambers might just chime in to give his two cents. :rofl:

bac1023
02-16-2010, 15:54

I'm actually missing half of page 2. :dunno:

Rinspeed
02-16-2010, 16:36
I'm actually missing half of page 2. :dunno:

Me too, I noticed it at work and they are still missing at home. :supergrin: I thought I was loosing my mind.

bac1023
02-16-2010, 16:45
Me too, I noticed it at work and they are still missing at home. :supergrin: I thought I was loosing my mind.

So did I. I tried reloading the page and everything.

Very strange :ack:

ronin.45
02-16-2010, 16:57
I posted twice earlier and they still aren't on here.

MastiffMan Since you shoot 1911's I assume you are looking for a revolver in .45ACP. The S&W 625 is the only way to go. I just purchased my 6th one and can't wait for it to get here.

bac1023
02-16-2010, 16:59

The only way to see them is to scroll down before you submit a reply.

Tactical black
02-16-2010, 17:00

I'm showing a double post on page two from you

bac1023
02-16-2010, 17:03
I'm showing a double post on page two from you

I see nothing on page two from ronin. :dunno:

ronin.45
02-16-2010, 17:10
Thanks BAC I did find them by scrolling down on the comment page. There are quite a few there that aren't in the thread.

Short Cut
02-16-2010, 19:33
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67/JMB1911/UMRTSIDE.jpg

This is the test target that came with it. It was made with 10 rounds fired from 50 yards using a Ransom Rest.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67/JMB1911/Inchandahalfguarantee.jpg

bac1023
02-16-2010, 19:36
If I ever get another Baer, it will be an Ultimate Master.

That said, I do have an SRP with the same guarantee.

willowofwisp
02-16-2010, 19:52
If I ever get another Baer, it will be an Ultimate Master.

That said, I do have an SRP with the same guarantee.

the SRP is a sweet gun, i think that pistol of all the les baers gets the most attention at the factory, in terms of man hours spent fitting it together

bac1023
02-16-2010, 19:56
the SRP is a sweet gun, i think that pistol of all the les baers gets the most attention at the factory, in terms of man hours spent fitting it together

I did not know that, but it sounds good to me. ;)

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5828/009usr.jpg

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3762/011uf.jpg

willowofwisp
02-16-2010, 20:00
Hard chrome? i don't know why but i always prefer a blued finish type. I think once my baer gets worn down to bare metal i will have it ion bonded.

The guns look beautiful Bac

bac1023
02-16-2010, 20:01
Hard chrome? i don't know why but i always prefer a blued finish type. I think once my baer gets worn down to bare metal i will have it ion bonded.

The guns look beautiful Bac

Thanks.

I have enough blued or black finished 1911s.

willowofwisp
02-16-2010, 20:05
Thanks.

I have enough blued or black finished 1911s.

all of my ppc revolvers are stainless so i like having the 1911's a bit different.

I can't wait to get my model 10 in a ransom rest to see how it compares to my 1.5" Baer, i am willing to bet it will out shoot it.

bac1023
02-16-2010, 21:56
all of my ppc revolvers are stainless so i like having the 1911's a bit different.

I can't wait to get my model 10 in a ransom rest to see how it compares to my 1.5" Baer, i am willing to bet it will out shoot it.

I'm not sure about that, but it shouldn't be too far off.

MD357
02-17-2010, 00:02
Like I said, you are welcome to research all you like. The last thing I'm going to do is get into an argument with you...it appears it's what you do best on GT.

Again, I call it like I see it. Some people lose their minds in the process. Dunno what to tell ya.

I've read through your last 3 to 4 months posting .

You should seriously repeat that to yourself and ask..... do I have too much spare time?

I stand by my assertions...I've seen nothing to defend the proposition that "Baer is the ULTIMATE IN 1911 ACCURACY", a statement you supported earlier.

I didn't support anything, I asked you to provide some evidence to your comments that you had conducted tests. That's all, nothing more.... nothing less.