GF having a lot of trouble settling on a weapon... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GF having a lot of trouble settling on a weapon...

Nestromo
02-16-2010, 09:32
My GF has a CHL but is having trouble deciding what to carry. Right now the Ruger LCR and the Kel-Tec P-3AT are at the top of her list but she just can't settle. I will buy her pretty much whatever she wants (she is a full time student so no extra cash flow on her end). What is the one gun that you never ever have trouble taking with you? She likes the reliability factor of a small revolver but I can't help but think that it will stay home more than a tiny semi-auto. You can pretty much figure that she will be pocket carry one way or another. Help?

LilWolfess
02-16-2010, 13:29
Buy one or the other, or even both if you can fund it, and let her shoot it/them.

LCRs and P3ATs are in pretty high demand from what I've seen, so you could easily resell one or the other if she didn't end up liking it. Chances are that you'd lose very very little cash in the deal.

I don't leave my house without my G26, and I have occasionally forgotten I am even carrying it (but that did take time to get that comfortable with it), but it may soon be replaced by my Sig P238 beings as it is a LOT easier to conceal on my not so huge self.

vafish
02-16-2010, 14:16
Pocket carry the P3AT (or the Ruger LCP) wins because it is thinner and flatter.

If you can't go some place where she can rent it, just buy her one and let her start shooting it.