PM45 or G36 chip in your thoughts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PM45 or G36 chip in your thoughts

deathpriest
02-17-2010, 11:05
Hi all,
I own a PM9, an MK40 and Glocks. Recently I have been thinking on a compact 45 for CCW. I was almost decided on the G36 until I saw the PM45. Now I am not so sure so please post your thoughts and what should I expect to pay for a PM45.

Blessings

G33
02-17-2010, 12:21
Been some problems with the G36.
See GG section.
:supergrin:

Cowart
02-18-2010, 16:41
The Glock is bigger and heavier. But, it is less costly and holds one more round.

ccoorreeyy
02-18-2010, 19:41
I love my pm45. Shot it today 50 more rounds. I have the black with nite sites and it cost me $900 but the standard can be had for around 6 i think

8th SPS USAF
02-19-2010, 09:32
Having owned a G 36, I think it was to big for what is to be used for. I have
a PM 45 and P45 KAHR. I love both. I carry the PM 45. Shoots great. Mild
recoil. IMO the PM 45 will do much more than the G36. I just sent parts to
CCR for refinishing. Turned out great. It did not need anything I justed liked
the Urbon Camo finish they offered. Good luck.
8th

deathpriest
02-19-2010, 12:36
Thank you for your feedback, keep it coming.

Blessings,

gatorboy
02-24-2010, 03:08
The P45 is closer in size and has the same capacity as the 36. I've had both and like the Kahr much better. Full three finger grip, not two and one on the mag. It makes reloads better all the way around. It's got the same length barrel but is a 1/2"+ shorter from the breechface to the rear of the slide. It's got better sights (real metal too). If you want the PM45 because you're thinking about pocket carry I suggest you go put one in your pocket holstered. It's much too big IMO. The PM45 is very close in size to the P40 with one less rd. and a shorter barrel. The P45 makes a great belt gun. I only carry IWB and would not carry a smaller 45 than it. IMO, the Kahr P45 and the M&P 45c are the best carry 45 ACP's out there. The Kahr carries better, the S&W is a joy to shoot and not bad to carry. Both look awsome IMO. I'd take a good look at those two. The 45c is 8+1 with 10 and 14 (ridiculous) mags available for backups and the P45 has 8 rd. mags available. The 36 has aftermarket +1's available (weak).

IDPA_Shooter
02-24-2010, 06:48
I did not have good luck with my P45. Two trips back to Kahr and then I sold it.

I am not a major fan of the G36, but I believe most of the problems were in the past. Most seem very happy with them now.

I am considering an M&P 45. Trigger can be made quite nice, but even the compact is a bigger gun.

The 3"-3.5" 1911's are very nice, but some consider these to be on the limit of functionality for the platform. The new Kimber Super Carry is very atractive!

Tough choice, but in todays purchasing window I would go M&P or Glock. M&P=More Rounds, Glock=More Concealable.

RepairMan
02-24-2010, 23:21
The p45 is a nice pistol

KCTanfoglio
02-27-2010, 19:07
I'v got a G36 which I carry a lot in this colder weather. I like it a bunch and it has not missed a beat yet. I also have a Kahr CW9, which is about the same size as a PM45. Thinner, lighter, more comfortable than the G. And I also have a Kel-Tec 380 which is a great pocket gun. After all my experimentation, I've come to realize, one size does not fit all circumstances. I doubt I'll be lugging around the G36 when it's shorts and t-shirt weather. So I guess I've got a carry system.

One reason you might give the Kahr 45 the nod is that you're already comfortable with the PM9 trigger.

I know when I take a Glock, a Colt and a Kahr to the range, my accuracy suffers with all. But if I took 3 Glocks or 3 Kahrs to the range, I'd be deadeye.

I'll probably end up with 3 Kahrs when I've got the dough, because their offerings match my carry comfort needs. I'd do it in a heartbeat with Glock, but they're too fat and chunky for my frame all year round. Wish they made skinny, single stack 9s and 380s. I would have to give Glock a slight edge in reliability.