Knife law in Georgia [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Knife law in Georgia

joepa150
02-17-2010, 13:06
I read over some of Georgia law on carrying "weapons" . Anyone know in plain english what can and cannot be carried as far as knives (length, type, etc)?

SCC
02-18-2010, 18:42
I read over some of Georgia law on carrying "weapons" . Anyone know in plain english what can and cannot be carried as far as knives (length, type, etc)?
I have a glock knife i have carried for a long long time and i have a ga, ccw .. the plain english part is asking a lot :dunno:

M1a65
03-17-2010, 02:56
General rule of thumb is for inside the pocket, non visible, the balde should be under 4 finger lenth. Visible it can be anysize including fixed blade knifes. This was told to me by an ATL PD officer I use to life weights with a fwe years back. Ask 10 cops and I'm sure you'll get 10 different answers...

joepa150
03-18-2010, 07:00
General rule of thumb is for inside the pocket, non visible, the balde should be under 4 finger lenth. Visible it can be anysize including fixed blade knifes. This was told to me by an ATL PD officer I use to life weights with a fwe years back. Ask 10 cops and I'm sure you'll get 10 different answers...

I was thinking of EDCing a Rat Izula. It is a fixed blade that is under 3". I can either hang it around my neck under my shirt, or it comes with a plastic sheath that I can attach to my belt. I usually don't tuck my shirt in so if it is on my belt but my shirt covers it, then I am assuming it will be considered concealed and would probably be illegal.