1911 customize / build advice [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 1911 customize / build advice

abraves
02-17-2010, 14:14
I just picked up a Kimber Stainless II. I am going to customize this one because I want the experience. I am looking at replacing the MSH, slide stop, thumb safety, grip safety, trigger, sights, recoil rod to GI, etc. Any suggestions as to what parts to replace with?

I would like to build one from scratch but figured this is a good place to start and learn how to fit the smaller parts first. I am looking at getting Jerry Kuhnhausen's books and the AGI videos. Has anyone here used these videos and are they worth the money? I need something like this because I don't learn by reading but by seeing and doing. At some point I would like to attend one of the many classes offered but that is not an option at this time.

To the gurus on here what parts should I be looking for? Wilson, EB, 10-8, etc. I know I won't get my money back out of this Kimber but that is not the point. I should probably do a SA mil-spec which I probably will.

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.

abraves

Quack
02-17-2010, 14:30
I like Ed Brown parts, flat trigger (10-8 or Wilson) and for sights i'm going to go with a 10-8 rear with the Tritium front.