General G37 Questions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : General G37 Questions

WI_GAPR
02-17-2010, 15:46
Hello All:

New to the forum, new to the Glock pistols, and just got my G37. I have a couple of questions if nobody minds...

My Glock magazines are understandably tight- as they're brand new. I understand that the pistol has a 10 + 1 capacity, but racking the slide to load a round is almost impossible unless there's 9 or less in the mag. I assume that's because the mag spring is applying too much upward pressure, or is that much resistance normal? Again, new to these guns, so I'm not certain what's normal, or not.

I also picked up a Safariland 6377 ALS holster for range use, and hiking. I assume that the draw from the holster will become easier with use and practice? The holster is lines with a thin suede-type material... Any tips for break-in? Any break-in possible? I did try one of the Blackhawk Serpa's, and though it was very slick. Rode a little higher though, and it didn't cover as much of the pistol as the SFL. Plus, the SFL was on close-out at less than half-price... hard to pass up a good deal.:whistling:

I'm looking forward to getting out to the range and trying it out. Right now, I'm just trying to get comfortable with the operation of the pistol, etc.

Thanks for any tips. Looking forward to doing some reading here.

WI_GAPR

Dingus
02-17-2010, 16:55
Can't help you on the holster issue but your G37 is normal. Chamber a round, top off your magazine, insert it and you are good to go, 10+1 rounds. Shoot it. Don't play with it. Just go shoot it.

Firecop203
02-19-2010, 19:22
Mine fit real tight too. I have to use a loading tool to get that tenth round in. I'm trying an experiment to see if it will make a difference. I'm going to leave my magazines loaded for a few months and see if they are easier to load after that.

When you get a new holster, you sometimes have to break it in. With an UNLOADED weapon, draw and reholster at least 100 times. I'm not saying play quickdraw, but draw and reholster till it feels comfortable. After a while you'll notice that the draw is easier and you develop muscle memory where the holster is and reholstering is easier when you don't have to look for it.

Glock Kommando
02-19-2010, 20:47
As far as loading, I just put one round in the mag to chamber a round, then top off the mag.

My experience with holsters varies, I personally use a Blackhawk Serpa CQC Lv 2. And it feels tight until I leave my weapon holstered in it for a day or so, then it seems to loosen up and is quite smooth.