So I want a Kahr K9, I think. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So I want a Kahr K9, I think.

big68
02-17-2010, 20:35
I ordered a K9 but thinking of the MK9, PM9 or the P9 now too. too little of difference in weight and size between the MK9 and K9 to notice, IMO. The P and PM series seem to peek my interest but have to wait til one comes in stock. I am an FFL so I do not mind buying the K9 and selling it if I think it is to big but after shooting my T9, I think this will compliment my T9 perfect. Any other opinions? I am 6' 8" about 300lbs so a mini is probably not for me as my hands are quite large. Thanks for any and all input. yes even yours packinaglock, lol.

ripley16
02-18-2010, 06:41
If you like the T9, then the K9 is the same except that your pinky finger may or may not fit easily on the grip. Don't be surprized with the differences in takedown. The K9 slide stop pin is held by a spring and takes sa more forceful pressure to remove, Versus the T9 pin that pops out very easily. No witness marks too, as on the T9.

Shooting the two is very similar. I have different sights on the two so I can't compare precisely, but the nod goes to the T9 for range use IMHO.

Of course the T9 mags fit in the K9, so your range time can start with some extra loaded mags.

Good luck with your new K9.

big68
02-18-2010, 18:00
Thanks ripley, the K9 should compliment my T9 with the MMC sights, I just wish I could find the K9 with the elite trigger.

packinaglock
02-18-2010, 18:21
With the mits your sportin I think even a G21 would be a bit small. :supergrin:

big68
02-18-2010, 18:27
With the mits your sportin I think even a G21 would be a bit small. :supergrin:

I happen to like my G21 and it looks real good with the night sights on it. I do not think they are making the K9 with the elite trigger anymore as I cannot locate one anywhere. Anyone have an opinion on the difference between the trigger on my T9 and the NYPD trigger on the K9?

ripley16
02-19-2010, 06:17
I do not think they are making the K9 with the elite trigger anymore as I cannot locate one anywhere. Anyone have an opinion on the difference between the trigger on my T9 and the NYPD trigger on the K9?

You could surely get the elite trigger if you ordered it from Kahr through your dealer. My older K9 has the long pull trigger, my new, 2009, K9 has the elite trigger, The new gun originally came with the NYPD trigger but it was swapped out at the factory for the short trigger.

Frankly I don't care for the longer pull. When compared to the T9 trigger or my new K9 elite trigger my old K9 trigger just seemed to never break. Give me the shorter pull any day. Maybe if I had nothing to compare the NYPD trigger to, but I do and I find the short pull more to my liking.

Why Kahr makes the NYPD trigger standard on the K9 and not an option, or just a separate model is a puzzle to me.

big68
02-19-2010, 12:59
Thanks again ripley, I found out that I can replace the trigger on a NYPD to the Elite trigger by just ordering that parts from Kahr. I might get a holster or tow with my dealer discount.

I talked with Art today and he told me that they were going to be dropping the sesignation of the NYPD trigger because of some many mis-conceptions about it. It is not a harder pull, just a longer pull. Since there has been so much confusion they will be dropping the use of "NYPD trigger" but I find it interesting that you can order the trigger, trigger bar and spring from the Elite to turn your NYPD trigger into an Elite. Very interesting. I wish Michigun would do a nice tutorial about the frame disassembly, hint hint. Thanks to all.