Patriot Ordnance Factory. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Ordnance Factory.

Soviet937
02-17-2010, 21:36
My uncle who sold me his bushmaster not to long ago told me he got a new rifle that i guess i helped fund, he told me it was a POF, i went to their site, i actually never heard of this company, are they pretty top notch?? their products look pretty cool.

blaster_54738
02-17-2010, 22:05
i have one of their gen 3 lowers and love it. no experience with their uppers. some people have complained about bad customer service with them however. i have no experience with that either

Jer
02-17-2010, 23:55
I built my AR10 off of a Gen III .308 lower and love it. I love the the integrated enhanced trigger guard and ambi controls. This is the way all lowers should be IMO.

madecov
02-18-2010, 00:06
They used to be Pakistani Ordinance Factory and did a lot of H&K style guns.
Don't know if it was sold or not but now it's all AR platform. Most of them are piston guns.

The receivers look good but I've heard of a few function issues on completed rifle's

highprimer
02-18-2010, 13:16
There is no relation to Pakistani Ordnance Factory and Patriot Ordnance Factory.

I have had one of the P415's for a few years and love it.

glockmancustom32
02-18-2010, 13:19
My next rifle is going to be a POF308 upper with my LWRC lower, Sick black rifles!!!!

Jer
02-18-2010, 13:24
There is no relation to Pakistani Ordnance Factory and Patriot Ordnance Factory.

Thanks for addressing that. I meant to but completely forgot.

highprimer
02-18-2010, 13:24
they do seem quite nice, pricey but nice.

Hoser
02-18-2010, 15:44
Their lowers are top notch. I have two. Complete rifles are hit and miss along with customer service.

Soviet937
02-18-2010, 16:00
I figured they had to be pretty good, i was lookin at the prices of them and it kinda made me say woah. my uncle always bought expensive stuff like that though. not that id mind owning one and all but its just really not in the budget haha.

PlasticGuy
02-19-2010, 09:17
I've read good things about POF AR's, but two of the three that I've shot next to in classes failed miserably. They wouldn't group well, and eventually stopped feeding. they were different models with serial numbers that weren't close, so it is unlikely to have been a defective batch of any particular part.

The symptoms looked like loose barrels. That wasn't the problem for either one. We never did figure out what the problem was with either one, and this was at Thunder Ranch where Clint Smith and his instructors have pretty extensive experience with a variety of AR's. Both had to be pulled off the line and replaced with back-up rifles. Might just be a fluke. Might not be.