G36 and Pearce +1 grip extension [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G36 and Pearce +1 grip extension

glocknewbie2
02-18-2010, 00:09
I have a Pearce +1 grip extension that I want to install, but I purchased the grip extension second hand and did not receive any instructions. I checked the Pearce website and they do not have any downloads, I can send them an email request, but I'd like to get the extension on ASAP. Can anyone steer me in the right direction on where I can download or see a video on how to install the Pearce +1?

Thanks,
Dan in Kalifornia

bambikilr
02-18-2010, 00:23
sorry can't help,but lookingat a 36 myself, so would be interested

dreis454
02-18-2010, 04:32
Do NOT install a +1 without installing a 10% stronger mag spring!

glocknewbie2
02-19-2010, 00:51
Thanks for the advice, but what I'm really looking for are installation instructions, either somewhere I can download them or watch a video. Guess I'll try U-tube.
Thanks,
Dan in Kalifornia

itsgottabeapit
02-19-2010, 04:04
You need a 3/32 non marring punch.

Stick the punch through the hole in the bottom of the magazine, press it in and point it towards the back. It needs to reach the back of the magazine insert. So probably about 3/8" in you should feel it.

Squeeze the sides of the magazine (right about the floorplate)

While you're squeezing the sides pry your punch to point towards the front of the magazine.

If you got the floorplate to move at all you can take the punch out at this time and push the floor plate off by hand, be careful the spring under the floorplate is under pressure.

Installing the new floor plate is simple. If you can take the old one off you can figure out the new one.

I bet you can find directions on youtube or glockmeister or something also.

glocknewbie2
02-19-2010, 14:50
Jeremy, thanks, I got that far, but with the plus 1 it also has an extra piece that is a square shape and on one side it's rounded and it also has small tabs on the edges. I'm not sure how or where this gets installed, it's the one piece that I have a question about. I checked out YouTube last night and could not find any videos on installing the plus 1 grip extensions, I also looked at Glockmeister and another suppliers website. I finally decided to send an email to Pearce asking them if they could supply me with the installation instructions.
Thank you,
Dan in Kalifornia

itsgottabeapit
02-19-2010, 14:55
Jeremy, thanks, I got that far, but with the plus 1 it also has an extra piece that is a square shape and on one side it's rounded and it also has small tabs on the edges. I'm not sure how or where this gets installed, it's the one piece that I have a question about. I checked out YouTube last night and could not find any videos on installing the plus 1 grip extensions, I also looked at Glockmeister and another suppliers website. I finally decided to send an email to Pearce asking them if they could supply me with the installation instructions.
Thank you,
Dan in Kalifornia

On most Glocks there is a half circle cut out facing the front of the magazine well. My guess is the piece you are talking about would snap into the front of the new magazine floorplate if you were using a model other than the 36.

But I think that the Pearce extenions for the 36 are just for the 36...so look at the new magazine floorplate are there two small holes facing the top of the magazine in the front or the rear? if so that extra piece you have snaps into those holes. I think it would probably go in the part of the magazine facing the rear.

itsgottabeapit
02-19-2010, 15:07
Does it look like the part attached to this magazine extension? See the cutout in the G17, that's what it's for...my guess is since you got them used, the person that sold them to you might have threw in parts from another extension.

http://www.pezchickmag.net/guns/pearcegrip.jpg

Free Radical
02-19-2010, 15:19
Do NOT install a +1 without installing a 10% stronger mag spring!

That's what I was told also, but mine have been perfect with the stock mag springs.

itsgottabeapit
02-19-2010, 15:21
That's what I was told also, but mine have been perfect with the stock mag springs.

With the spring in without the follower in, I think you want the spring to stick out of the magazine top about 1 1/2". As long as it's around that you should be good. If it's shorter I'd change the spring or gently stretch it.

glocknewbie2
02-25-2010, 00:35
Just wanted to give an update on this. I received a call from a lady at Pearce Grips the other day. She asked me what I was having a problem with and gave me step by step instructions on installing the +1 extension. For those that are curious, the small square piece that I did not know what to do with goes on the back of the extension after it is installed on the magazine. It's to protect the palm of your hand when shooting. All in all the customer service I received from Pearce is A+, just like dealing with Glock. Now if we can just get some people like the one I spoke with to work for the Unemployment Department here in Kalifornia maybe I can start getting my checks which I've been without for 2 months....Fricken Gubment people!
Dan in Kalifornia

Clownblaster3000
02-25-2010, 15:14
I have a Pearce +1 grip extension that I want to install, but I purchased the grip extension second hand and did not receive any instructions. I checked the Pearce website and they do not have any downloads, I can send them an email request, but I'd like to get the extension on ASAP. Can anyone steer me in the right direction on where I can download or see a video on how to install the Pearce +1?

Thanks,
Dan in Kalifornia

Your chances of getting feeding issues are HIGH without increasing the mag spring power. I wouldn't carry it with that mag in it until you've put at least 100 trouble free rounds through that particular mag. I used the Pearce plus zero pads on my 36 and they run great.

davetron
11-25-2011, 13:17
Your chances of getting feeding issues are HIGH without increasing the mag spring power. I wouldn't carry it with that mag in it until you've put at least 100 trouble free rounds through that particular mag. I used the Pearce plus zero pads on my 36 and they run great.

So where might one aquire a 10% stronger spring, I checked the normal Glock accessory websites (Lone Wolf/Glockmeister etc.) and I'm not having much luck. If you ahd a part #/supplier/link etc it would be most appreciated.

davetron
11-26-2011, 15:45
I FINALLY found this place after googling it 37 different ways...
http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?page=items&cID=1&mID=5#148
anybody use one of these springs with the +1 extension?

jb1911
12-17-2011, 15:43
Google is your friend

jb1911
12-24-2011, 08:21
I just got a Pearce PG-39 for my G26. It's supposed to add +3 to my magazines. I can get one more in and that's it. I'm taking it off.

GOCANES
12-24-2011, 08:38
I have a G36 and every gun show I go to the vendors have plenty of plus-1 extensions, but nobody seems to carry the plus zero. I know I can order online, but I like browsing the shows to pick up odds and ends. I guess if I do want one, that will be the only way I will be able to get it. ps..none of our local shops carry it either.