M&P 9c v. Kahr PM9 trigger pull [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : M&P 9c v. Kahr PM9 trigger pull

mitch1
02-18-2010, 09:02
I am thinking about purchasing a new M&P 9c. I have a Kahr PM9, well known for its long, revolver-like trigger pull. From what I have been reading, the M&P, although striker fired like the Kahr, has a much lighter and shorter trigger. Should I consider getting a MA compliant (10 lbs) spring to make it more like the Kahr? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Billet
02-18-2010, 09:18
I traded my PM9 for an M&P 9c when the Kahr needed a new slide and barrel after only 400 rounds. The triggers are much different, and I prefer the M&P trigger. Its more like a slightly heavy single-action trigger whereas the Kahr is a long DA pull. Unlike a lot of DA/SA pistols, there isn't too much pre-travel slack in the M&P trigger. There is some creep in it, but mine has smoothened out.

The PM9 shot reasonably well for such a small pistol, but it can't hang with my fullsize pistols at distances beyond 7 yards. The M&P, on the other hand, has a much longer sight radius, better ergos and, for me, a better trigger. It shoots about as well as anything I've tried at longer distances.

The Kahr is the clear winner in concealability, mostly because it is noticably thinner. The M&P with the flat baseplate is only slightly taller than the Kahr, and the grip hides about as well as the Kahr. Its the thickness of the M&P that is harder to contend with. Personally, I feel much more "armed" with the M&P because of its much higher capacity and superior accuracy.

Linux3
02-18-2010, 13:20
Ah Mitch1 we meet again.
See my comments on the Kahr forum.

Palmguy
02-18-2010, 14:01
Out of the box I prefer the Kahr trigger pull. That said, I just sold my Kahr (CW9, same trigger as the P/PM though) and it is being replaced with an M&P9c.

I'd look into the Apex sear for the M&P...

FiremanMike
02-27-2010, 14:56
The PM9 shot reasonably well for such a small pistol, but it can't hang with my fullsize pistols at distances beyond 7 yards. The M&P, on the other hand, has a much longer sight radius, better ergos and, for me, a better trigger. It shoots about as well as anything I've tried at longer distances.

In fairness, the PM9 isn't really designed for long distance target shooting.

Billet
03-18-2010, 23:52
In fairness, the PM9 isn't really designed for long distance target shooting.

I guess you missed my point. The M&P 9c isn't much harder to conceal than the PM9, but it shoots as well as a full-size pistol at longer distances. Neither pistol is designed for long distance target shooting, but one is more effective at mall concourse, grocery aisle and parking lot distances.

FiremanMike
03-19-2010, 07:15
I guess you missed my point. The M&P 9c isn't much harder to conceal than the PM9, but it shoots as well as a full-size pistol at longer distances. Neither pistol is designed for long distance target shooting, but one is more effective at mall concourse, grocery aisle and parking lot distances.

This is the second time this week that I've heard a statement like this, the last one said "there's not much difference between a PM9 and a G27".. Boggles my mind, the PM9 is only slightly larger than an LCP/P3AT, I can't understand how people can have that opinion <shrug>