Kahr PM9 v. M&P 9c trigger pull [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kahr PM9 v. M&P 9c trigger pull

mitch1
02-18-2010, 09:07
My EDC is a Kahr PM9 but I'm thinking about purchasing a new M&P 9c for range use. From what I have been reading, the M&P, although striker fired like the Kahr, has a much lighter and shorter trigger pull. Should I consider getting a MA compliant (10 lbs) spring to make it more like the Kahr? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Linux3
02-18-2010, 13:10
My EDC is a PM9, unless the weather is really cold and I'm wearing a large coat then it's a TP9.
I also have a M&P 9 Full size and a M&P 9 Pro.
Why the 9c for range shooting? It's not all that much smaller than a 9 Full size.

Anyway, the PM9 has a much longer and cleaner trigger pull IMHO.

OK, wait, wait, I just pulled the triggers on all three a few times.
PM9, there is that first very short easy pull, take up. Then it gets harder and builds a little and then releases the striker.
M&P 9 Pro, has a much longer take up. Then it fires. It's not as smooth as the Kahr but way lighter.
M&P 9, Long light take up. Then the trigger pull is about the same as the PM9 I would say.

The PM9 has a very short take up and then a long even pull right. Both M&P 9s have a longer take up and when you start to feel pressue they just fire.

I shoot USPSA and IDPA with the M&P 9s. First I has the full size then I bought the Pro. Very sweet. But sure not for carry.

Pistol Pedro
02-18-2010, 18:34
I don't have a PM9 but I do have a P9 and an M&P 9c. They have very triggers. Not saying one is better than the other, just different. I would say the Kahr is longer and heavier than the Smith. The M&P also has a short reset. Not so on the Kahr.

Bob45
02-21-2010, 11:35
To me the Kahr trigger is heavier, but not so much that its a problem. My M&P 9c has the stock trigger and it seems really light to me, I love the M&P trigger, and the Kahr is fine for carry