G36 needs redesigned frame [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G36 needs redesigned frame

Thekat
02-18-2010, 15:15
I love the size of this thing, but I really wish they would get rid of the half assed looking extension on the mag. It serves no purpose and a full grip with the same capacity and flush fit mag would eliminate the pain in butt pinching I experience. I hope they bring this out in a Gen 4!

Dave T
02-18-2010, 20:56
Couldn't agree with you more. I sold my G36 because every time I shot it I got a blood blister on the ring finger of my strong hand. They say one of the after market +0 floor plates will cure the pinch but I remain skeptical. Your idea would be even better.

Dave

tkdkracker007
02-19-2010, 11:03
Pearce extensions are cheap, and I'd bet that would cure this problem completely.

I've only been pinched a couple times with the regular mag bases. I haven't been pinched once with my Pearce +0, nor when I had +1's.

tuica
02-19-2010, 13:26
Really varies with shooter. My G36 has never pinched me with regular or Pierce +0, but my best friend gets pinched.

12c27
02-19-2010, 15:38
Not to stir things up...too much...but the frame is made of plastic...that said it is really easy to "re-shape" re-contour what ever by gently filing or sanding until you have a custom fit. Being left handed, I always round off the mag release, otherwise I get cut up. Same with the finger grooves, a tiny bit of plastic material removed can make a hugh difference with comfort and shootability: for example- I rounded off the trigger guard where my middle finger got raw from rubbing, a small bit of removal and I'm good to go no more pain. These are plastic castings (frame) and some edges need finishing work is all I'm saying! Don't take a hack saw to the thing, but a tiny bit of plastic removal can go a long way to hapiness!