New Bern, NC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Bern, NC

NewGlocker28
02-18-2010, 22:31
Hey all. I may be moving from Raleigh to New Bern in the coming months. I just got into firearms, just recently bought my first handgun and am still very new to going to the range etc.

Anyone know of any good shops and/or public ranges in the New Bern area?

Thanks.

GMT
02-19-2010, 07:27
Not really. I still say Ed's Gun Store in Vass has the best prices I've been able to find lately. His brother used to have a shop in Newport but I think he sold it and now the prices kinda suck.

cancov
03-12-2010, 16:48
Yeah, I heard Ed at Ed's Gun Shop in Newport got cancer or something and now its Ray's Gun Shop. If you go, ask for Ray, he knows his stuff and most of his guys do too. Their prices are a little stiff, as well with others around New Bern. I find that the S&D Gun Show that comes to the Craven County Fairgrounds is pretty decent sometimes depending on the vendors that he can get to come. I think one is coming up next weekend, March 20-21. There is Neuse Sport Shop in Kinston that has a good inventory but harsh prices. Other than that, hold out for the Dixie Gun Show in Raleigh in early May.

Slayer
03-23-2010, 16:34
The 2 ranges I know of are B&R in Havelock and Sportsmans Lodge in Jacksonville. I live in Vanceboro. I bought my Glock 22 from Rays not too long ago. I like dealing with him cause he has always been straight up with me. I live in Vanceboro by the way.