g20sf 10 mm trigger not resetting [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : g20sf 10 mm trigger not resetting

dpadams6
02-19-2010, 10:26
just bought a brand new g20 sf...i replaced the recoil spring/guide with a wolf non captured steel rod and 22 lb. recoil spring, like so many recommend with the hotter loads...just went to the range and shot factory double tap 165 grain golden sabre's..after every round was fired, the trigger would stay locked to the rear and not reset forward to fire the next round..anyone have any idea's what could be the problem.?

HiredGun77
02-23-2010, 22:04
When you changed the guide rod did you take apart or change anything else?

dpadams6
02-24-2010, 09:24
no..didn't change anything else..i even put the original guide rod/spring back in it, went back to the range and the same thing is happening...it also happens when i manually dry fire it...

HK Dan
02-24-2010, 09:48
Hey--your trigger spring is probably broken. No big deal, an 89 cent fix.

If you need the gun in the mean time, turn it upside down and rack it. he trigger should reset normally. If you then fire upside down, it will continue to reset normally. Don't ask how I know this, but I won a USPSA stage with a broken gun once...<g>

HiredGun77
02-24-2010, 18:37
The hook on the striker is not catching on the crusifix / sear on the trigger bar. When the slide travels forward this is what catches and resets the trigger. After the gun fires does the striker rattle freely in the slide? It should. If the trigger spring is in tact and the trigger is moving properly I would focus on the striker to slide relationsship. The firing pin safety or spring my be caught up from a fleck of debris.

EddieM
03-04-2010, 17:58
I use to listen to others about what is better for my Glocks but I learned some good lessons. On your g20 use the stock spring no matter what load you use. Your Glock was designed for original 10mm loads. "The hotter loads" you speak of are really what the original 10mm loading was. I have 2 10mm glocks and always have trouble if I used heavy springs. Play with your 1911's shoot your Glocks.

dpadams6
03-05-2010, 10:50
i took the gun apart and could not find ANYTHING wrong anywhere.. i called glock and they told me to ship it back. said if they can't fix it, that they would send me a brand new one...only problem is it cost me $50 to send back to glock. they said they would pay to ship it back...i complained and they finally said that they couldn't send me a refund but would give me credit for products..they are gonna send me some extra magazines for the gun too...

HiredGun77
03-05-2010, 11:12
Where did you buy it? If your dealer got it through Davidsons they will send you a new one for NO COST.

ignantmike
03-14-2010, 07:07
maybe next time check some local shop's to see if they have an armorer there.......he could have helped also.....