G37 Maiden Voyage [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G37 Maiden Voyage

marcoh
02-19-2010, 11:58
Well it took me long enough, but I finally got to the range with my new G37. Before I fired the G37, however, I warmed up by firing four pearce-plus-one-modified G39 mags with Federal AE 230gr FMJ through my G39. This was to establish a baseline for felt recoil before I fired the G37.

Next, I fired six mags of Federal AE 230gr FMJ and four mags of DoubleTap 200gr bonded defense JHP through my G37. Compared to the G39, felt recoil was negligible, and when I say "negligible", I really mean Negligible even with the DoubleTap loads. I figured with the longer, heavier barrel and slide felt recoil would be softer, but wow! For the last couple of years I've fired only subs, so I was very pleased with how much more relaxed a grip I could use with the G37. I think this may have been due in part to the increased grip surface in contact with my hand. Note, I have limited use of my left limbs, so I can't manage a proper modified Weaver stance/grip. I fire one-handed, strong side. YMMV if you fire with a proper grip, but for me, I've never fired more accurately with a new (to me) firearm before this.

Afterward I fired a couple of mags of 9mm through one of my G26s, but the truth is after the G39 and G37, "the thrill is gone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fk2prKnYnI&feature=related)" with my G26's. I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone who loves his 9's, but I'm thinking it might be time for me to find good homes for my G26's.

Bottom line: I :hearts: my G37.

p.d.
02-19-2010, 15:29
Good deal! I like all the Glocks I have, but my favorites are the M37 and M38.