BRD(Black Rifle Disease) in full effect. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : BRD(Black Rifle Disease) in full effect.

cmslone
02-19-2010, 14:40
About 2 months ago I bought a CMMG bargain bin 16". I truly like the rifle. Spot on accurate, not a mark on it. 120 rounds the first time out and no FTF's or FTE's. I had no issues with it at all. I would totally recommend it to someone wanting a decent rifle for a really good price. I dressed it in Foliage with a Magpul stock, grip and XTM panels and figured I was done. But like when I had my Ruger P89, I was always reading about some problems here and there that made me second guess a little. So I sold the Ruger and bought a Glock 26 so I knew I had a top notch product.
As my wife tells me, everything I own has a price. Anyway, a guy on another board I frequent wanted an EBR, so I offered mine up. :whistling:
Two other posters decided to 'split' the rifle and offered me decent money for it, so I sold it.

I ended up finding a Precision Aero lower and parts kit, ordered a milspec stock hardware kit from Bravo Co. to fit my current MOE stock and today I ordered a BCM 14.5" carbine upper(with perm FH).

With the sold rifle, I basically had to come up with $75 to "upgrade" to this new rifle. That's a no brainer in my book. Now I'm already thinking of a second build, I don't even have this one built!

netmage2112
02-19-2010, 14:53
About 2 months ago I bought a CMMG bargain bin 16". I truly like the rifle. Spot on accurate, not a mark on it. 120 rounds the first time out and no FTF's or FTE's. I had no issues with it at all. I would totally recommend it to someone wanting a decent rifle for a really good price. I dressed it in Foliage with a Magpul stock, grip and XTM panels and figured I was done. But like when I had my Ruger P89, I was always reading about some problems here and there that made me second guess a little. So I sold the Ruger and bought a Glock 26 so I knew I had a top notch product.
As my wife tells me, everything I own has a price. Anyway, a guy on another board I frequent wanted an EBR, so I offered mine up. :whistling:
Two other posters decided to 'split' the rifle and offered me decent money for it, so I sold it.

I ended up finding a Precision Aero lower and parts kit, ordered a milspec stock hardware kit from Bravo Co. to fit my current MOE stock and today I ordered a BCM 14.5" carbine upper(with perm FH).

With the sold rifle, I basically had to come up with $75 to "upgrade" to this new rifle. That's a no brainer in my book. Now I'm already thinking of a second build, I don't even have this one built!

As a buddy once said... "... AR's are like barbie dolls for guys. And you can accessorize them anyway you like."

lawman800
02-20-2010, 16:19
I am fighting it as best I can. I bought my first AR over a decade ago... never messed with it, then bought a second one 10 years ago. Now I started playing with the whole AR build thing and next thing you know, got my third one last month and I can't stop shopping for parts and uppers and lowers and everything in between... gotta stop myself.

jrs93accord
02-21-2010, 07:25
Just you wait. It can get bad enough to where you have two dozen of them. I know.

SilverBullet_83
02-21-2010, 15:27
Just you wait. It can get bad enough to where you have two dozen of them. I know.

I would be a proud recipient of a donation. :supergrin:

jrs93accord
02-21-2010, 18:10
I would be a proud recipient of a donation. :supergrin:

I am trading one of them this week for an early model Beretta BM59.

Conan1
02-22-2010, 03:49
I like my CMMG. They have a lifetime warranty also. I've had no problems with mine. Properly staked gas key and all.

cmslone
02-22-2010, 08:05
I like my CMMG. They have a lifetime warranty also. I've had no problems with mine. Properly staked gas key and all.

No, not badmouthing CMMG at all in my particular case. Like I said, I really liked the rifle. But in my instance, I got to "upgrade" to the 1/7 twist, ambi sling adapter and full auto BCG for a total additional cost of about $75. Not to mention it was a BCM with 14.5" barrel, which is the barrel length I wanted all along.

To me that was a no brainer.