1911 parts? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 1911 parts?

sureshot
02-19-2010, 14:49
who has the best prices for parts like grip safeties, hammers , triggers, sights?

zdragon23c
02-19-2010, 14:54
Brownells...plus very reasonable shipping charges.

Magus
02-19-2010, 15:10
Brownells as has been stated is probably your best overall source. Midwayusa is also good in terms of selection.

For more specific stuff, check out Cylinder & Slide(action kits and other assorted parts), EGW(trigger kits, hammers, dozens of other parts), Smith & Alexander(mainly for grip safties and mainspring housings/magwells)

There's a few other's like Berryhill who I've heard good stuff about. Honestly too, Wilson Combat and Ed Brown have some good parts too.

Lot's of vendors out there, just really depends upon what parts you're looking for as to where you should go.

CanIhaveGasCash
02-19-2010, 15:41
Brownells...plus very reasonable shipping charges.

I second that. I used to order everything from midway but I got tired of their over priced shipping. On top of it all it takes forever to get my stuff from midway... sometimes up to two weeks, even though they send me an e-mail claiming it was shipped the same day.

Brownells on the other hand has reasonable shipping prices and everything gets here in two or three days.

Jason D
02-19-2010, 17:10
If one were to pay out 30.00 for a C&R FFL, then use it to get dealer discounts from Brownells, then Brownells would win hands down.

tlen
02-20-2010, 01:01
I recommend Midway.

tlen
02-20-2010, 01:05
I recommend Midway as I can track UPS delivery. On small weight items they ship USPS to keep costs down. You have to specify shipping options.

Rinspeed
02-20-2010, 01:10
Depends on what kind of quality you're looking for.

CMG
02-20-2010, 04:20
If one were to pay out 30.00 for a C&R FFL, then use it to get dealer discounts from Brownells, then Brownells would win hands down.

I did, I do, it does! :supergrin:

I've been doing business with Brownells for several decades and never had a complaint they weren't able to resolve quickly and professionally.

Good people up there in Iowa.