I couln't resist! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I couln't resist!

sgtglock
02-19-2010, 14:55
Three friends bought one of these last week and I checked them out and found them to be well built and pretty cool. It's one of those guns you just buy because they are neat and you just want one. No explanation can be given other than I want one! I will dress it up with some different furniture this weekend for a different look. Everything I read about them over the past week has been positive. I figured they will be at the top of a ban list if another one kicks up someday so I might as well grab one while they are cheap.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/sgtglock/IMG_2686.jpg

El_Ron1
02-19-2010, 15:40
Cute as a bugs ear! :cool:

Needs some 10 an' 20 rounders for CCW work.

GlockPride
02-20-2010, 01:44
Nice pistol! Bet that bad boy is super loud!

stopatrain
02-20-2010, 10:57
Three friends bought one of these last week and I checked them out and found them to be well built and pretty cool. It's one of those guns you just buy because they are neat and you just want one. No explanation can be given other than I want one! I will dress it up with some different furniture this weekend for a different look. Everything I read about them over the past week has been positive. I figured they will be at the top of a ban list if another one kicks up someday so I might as well grab one while they are cheap.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/sgtglock/IMG_2686.jpg

Who makes it?

sgtglock
02-20-2010, 11:17
It's a Draco pistol. What I like the best about it is that Century Arms only imports them and doesn't build them. They are made in Romania and they don't have to have a bunch of crappy compliance parts since pistols don't fall in that category.

stopatrain
02-20-2010, 11:31
It's a Draco pistol. What I like the best about it is that Century Arms only imports them and doesn't build them. They are made in Romania and they don't have to have a bunch of crappy compliance parts since pistols don't fall in that category.

Cool pistol...Thanks

Joshhtn
02-20-2010, 11:35
Congrats!... I plan to get one soon... Enjoy it and wear hearing protection!!:supergrin:

SIERRA SIX
02-20-2010, 13:29
I envy you! I want one for SHTF type scenarios :)

9mm +p+
02-20-2010, 14:49
Congrats, I've got a champion which is a earlier version of your draco. It's a hoot to fire, blast isn't all that bad and flash isn't awful either but I did put a Vortex on mine so now it's just sparks. I think you'll be suprised how accurate it is and it is a handy little in/out of the car type wep. I agree these are high on any anti's list of things to ban, no more reason than that is necessary IMO. Enjoy!
Here's mine:
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q281/nframe357/akpistolwdrum.jpg

CaptCave
02-20-2010, 17:12
I've been wanting one for a while, just can pull the trigger on it.

Its one of those pieces that when someone asks why you want it, you just answer why the heck not!

table
02-20-2010, 23:58
atlantic firearms has them for $389. good company to do business with.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct866.aspx

SIERRA SIX
02-21-2010, 01:47
is it legal to put a vertical grip on these?

Aceman
02-21-2010, 10:02
I agree - high on my purchase list AK-wise. It's the poorman's krink.

Just a great really small little AK that would fit in a bag, under the seat, where ever. Toss a sling on there, the sight tool of your choice -good to go!

And I believe ANYTHING you do stock/V-grip wise is a federal no-no. Wouldn't want to have a Short Barreled Rifle! They are capable of destruction as is no other weapon!!!!!

20 rounders woud definitely be my mag choice - but there is no denying the cool/fun factor of a drum!!!

andyffer
02-21-2010, 10:15
how's the recoil?

internal
02-23-2010, 11:30
Its one of those pieces that when someone asks why you want it, you just answer why the heck not!

Not if you spend the $350-$400 it would cost to SBR it.

When you look at it from that perspective it's actually an excellent foundation to start with.

9mm +p+
02-24-2010, 18:44
how's the recoil?

They're still fairly heavy so recoil to me at least is akin to a 357 mag or real hot 9mm load, certainly nothing to worry about.