Custom shop needed for some work (P7M8) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Custom shop needed for some work (P7M8)

SIGShooter
02-19-2010, 17:18
Hello everyone!

I would like to know where a good, reliable, no BS place is to send my M8.

I have put roughly a 1,000 rounds down range so far. I love this gun!!!

I have noticed the trigger needs to be cleaned up and the cocking lever needs a little bit of clean up as well.

I am also looking for a refinish. It doesn't really need it but I want to get it done. I'm not in it for collectors status. I do carry this gun and I do shoot it.

I was thinking Robar but I would like to keep it all with the same shop.

Any help would be great! Thank you all in advance!

H&K 4 LIFE
02-19-2010, 17:55
Take your pick :) ...
http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?119317-End-All-Be-All-P7-Finishes-thread&daysprune=7

For a black finish, I have heard nothing but good things about Birdsong and their "Black-T" finish.

SIGShooter
02-19-2010, 21:31
Take your pick :) ...
http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?119317-End-All-Be-All-P7-Finishes-thread&daysprune=7

For a black finish, I have heard nothing but good things about Birdsong and their "Black-T" finish.

That's what I have heard and been told by many.

I am looking into Grayguns right now. I am sending them 2 of my Sigs for some work. I found out that they also do work on the P7 series of guns.

I have also read some great reviews of their Super Black finish.

I have some time right now. I'll continue to research.

Thanks for the link, as usual, I appreciate it!!!

H&K 4 LIFE
02-20-2010, 05:52
Gray Guns does some amazing work on the P7 series pistol. :)

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104214

robotoid
02-20-2010, 10:15
You've got send it to someone who knows the gun. I had a P7M8 years ago I took to a local (but nationally reknown) gunsmith to have hard chromed. He was able to get it apart, plated, but then could not figure out how to reassemble it. I don't know how he finally got it done, but it took him a long while. This was probably +/- 20 'ish years ago, so he didn't have internet access for help.

SIGShooter
02-20-2010, 11:45
Gray Guns does some amazing work on the P7 series pistol. :)

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104214

I called Grayguns yesterday.

I will be sending it to them. I figured I am sending my P220s to them I should just send the M8 in as well.

I cannot find any place that lists Heinie sights for the M8. I have Trijicons on there now. But I am converting the Sigs over to the Heinies and I would like to replace all of my sights with them.

I tried them out a year or so ago and didn't care for them. I don't know what it is, maybe age or I'm just wanting something new, but everytime I look at one of the Heinie sights, I want them more and more now.

I like the "Ledge" style sights. I think I will be going with those for the Glocks and the 1911. I will have to call and find out what they can do for the M8.

Super Black finish for all the guns. Heinies, if possible, for all the guns. My Glocks will be going to Heinie when I get home for installation.

I don't know if I want the .156 inch wide rear or the .140 inch rear or the standard rear width. I only have experience with the standard. Talking to a friend of mine he said the wider notch is better for close in shooting but longer range accuracy will be reduced. Of course, I don't plan on shooting more than 25 yards with a pistol.

SIGShooter
02-20-2010, 11:48
You've got send it to someone who knows the gun. I had a P7M8 years ago I took to a local (but nationally reknown) gunsmith to have hard chromed. He was able to get it apart, plated, but then could not figure out how to reassemble it. I don't know how he finally got it done, but it took him a long while. This was probably +/- 20 'ish years ago, so he didn't have internet access for help.

That's why it's going to Grays.

I've been doing a lot of research on gunsmiths. The only negative thing I have heard about Grays...They are slow in responding to emails. However, when I called 2 weeks ago, I got to speak with Brice himself. Very nice guy to talk to. Knows his stuff. Very professional and helpful. Gives great insight in to what you are looking for and if it's a good idea or not. Even if it isn't, he'll do it because the customer wants it. Sans anything unsafe.

I have heard great stuff about their work. I have yet to hear a bad story with shotty work from them. If all goes well, I have a couple 1911s that I will send them.

911Boss
03-10-2010, 17:56
I can personally vouch for Bruce, Tori, and crew. I have P229 that was blessed by them and it is unbelievable.

Yes, they may be a little slow at times, but the quality is top notch. The level of work they do can't be rushed.

GGI also does training courses and I highly recommend them as well for that as well, it is money well-spent.