Two Questions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions

H0LLYW00D
02-19-2010, 17:52
1. I have a M&P15 adn want another AR adn was thinking of building a RRA with a 10.5 barrel, but also i am considering getting an other M&P and switching the barrel for a 10.5 and my current one for a 16 from RRA, is there a better way to do this?

2. What does everyone think about the RRA barrels and will they fit a M&P?

KalashniKEV
02-19-2010, 18:34
1. I have a M&P15 adn want another AR adn was thinking of building a RRA with a 10.5 barrel, but also i am considering getting an other M&P and switching the barrel for a 10.5 and my current one for a 16 from RRA, is there a better way to do this?

The best way to accomplish this is to simply buy a 10.5" complete upper. Unless you're building the lower to a different specification, why waste the $$$ on an identical configuration? Plus the FFL hassle...

2. What does everyone think about the RRA barrels and will they fit a M&P?

Huh? It has to fit.

H0LLYW00D
02-19-2010, 20:20
I have thought of switching the uppers but would rather have a complete gun. How hard is a barrel swap? What would I beable to get for a stock M&P barrel if I sell the old ones?

NeverMore1701
02-19-2010, 20:26
Sell the old upper, buy a new upper.

smokin762
02-19-2010, 20:30
Sell the old upper, buy a new upper.

And lets not forget the Class III tax stamp for the SBR!:whistling:

H0LLYW00D
02-19-2010, 20:34
no such stamp in Canada.....but we have other issues

H0LLYW00D
02-19-2010, 22:31
this should clear things up:

I have a M&P15 and want another AR. So i will have two complete AR's, but S&W does not make a 10.5 barrel so i have to swap one in and was thinking of a RRA barrel. As a seperate note the AR that I have I was thinking of upgrading it to a RRA barrel, so my questions are:

1. Will a RRA barrel fit on a M&P?

2. What is the quality of the RRA barrel like?

3. What could i sell the old stock barrels for?

wingsprint
02-20-2010, 03:46
1) Yes

2) Good to great, it depends on what barrel you are referring to. RRA offers a wide range of barrels including non-chrome lined, chrome lined and also stainless.

3) Who knows these days...

smokin762
02-20-2010, 08:38
no such stamp in Canada.....but we have other issues

My bad. I didnít even notice that youíre in Canada.:embarassed:

I just read an Article in the recent American Riflemenís Magazine that said the Government is considering loosening the Restrictions on Rifles in Canada. Is that true? It would be nice if it was.

smokin762
02-20-2010, 08:46
this should clear things up:

I have a M&P15 and want another AR. So i will have two complete AR's, but S&W does not make a 10.5 barrel so i have to swap one in and was thinking of a RRA barrel. As a seperate note the AR that I have I was thinking of upgrading it to a RRA barrel, so my questions are:

1. Will a RRA barrel fit on a M&P?

2. What is the quality of the RRA barrel like?

3. What could i sell the old stock barrels for?

As far as I know all AR15, barrels are interchangeable from maker to maker. That is one of the great things about the Platform of the AR15 rifle.

The last time I talk to RRA on the phone they told me they get their barrels from Wilson. They are a good manufacture of barrels.

The best way to find out what gun related parts sell for in my opinion is to do a search on Gun Broker and average out the prices. :dunno:

H0LLYW00D
02-20-2010, 13:14
My bad. I didnít even notice that youíre in Canada.:embarassed:

I just read an Article in the recent American Riflemenís Magazine that said the Government is considering loosening the Restrictions on Rifles in Canada. Is that true? It would be nice if it was.

Yes they are considering to remove the registy for our long guns, the rules would proably not change much but we would not have to register them with the government. This is a great step to restoring our rights.

H0LLYW00D
02-20-2010, 13:15
What about problems with it not cycling as the gas system was shortened with the barrel?

javelinadave
02-20-2010, 13:29
What about problems with it not cycling as the gas system was shortened with the barrel?
Go to http://www.ar15.com/. Tons of info there on SBR operations, builds, etc.

smokin762
02-20-2010, 18:26
Yes they are considering to remove the registy for our long guns, the rules would proably not change much but we would not have to register them with the government. This is a great step to restoring our rights.

I wish you the best of luck with restoring your rights. It is definitely a step in the right direction.:wavey: