Firestorm .22 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Firestorm .22

centurion
02-19-2010, 18:23
Thinking about picking one up. Any one have any positive or negative comments? Made by Bersa. .22 cal version of their .380.

jj40
02-19-2010, 18:29
I have no experience with the .22. However, love my Bersa Thunder .380!

lanternlad
02-19-2010, 21:33
Good luck finding one. If you do, let me know. I've been wanting one of those for a while but can't find one anywhere. They're very popular, and go like hotcakes.

Spitzerbullet
02-20-2010, 09:42
Mine is a jam-o-matic. I think it's an early one and it has constant failures to extract with every brand of ammo I've tried. I believe it has a weak extractor spring and is jumping the rims. One of these days I'll try to fix it. I like every other thing about it, I just wish it was reliable.

Tingle
02-22-2010, 00:49
Had mine about a year and a half with no problems. I use minimags and goldens. Like most .22 I have used it will act up when filthy, clean and lube and it's fine again.

BK63
02-22-2010, 19:16
Had one a while back and it was a jam-o-matic, finally got rid of it.

Pitt
02-24-2010, 19:48
I've had several Bersas and one other Firestorm. All were centerfire guns. All were reliable to a fault. GTer Ferfal recommends the Firestorm/Bersa .22s highly. I'm looking for one myself. If you get one, let us know how it works for you.

Retired Squid
02-25-2010, 16:48
Have known two guys with one, one was worthless and the other perfect and were bought at same time and store one day and dealer gave them a real good price. It was only two he had and never has had another for some reason.

But I had a Beretta Bobcat that I really liked but failure rate was about 50% and got a chance to get my money back and got rid of the gun. That's been my one and only Beretta. They do make beautiful SA revolvers.

CajunBass
02-25-2010, 16:56
My wife has one that she has run, literally thousands of rounds through. With CCI mini mags, it runs like a Swiss watch, but chokes with most other ammo. No matter, she used it for her first carry gun, and planned to use CCI's anyway.

Extra magazines are somewhat expensive. A Don Hume J.I.T. belt slide holster for a Makarov is a perfect fit.