+0 Mag Floor Plates [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : +0 Mag Floor Plates

Dave T
02-19-2010, 20:17
I owned one of the early 36s and although it was reliable I eventually sold it because every time I shot it the ring finger of my strong hand got a blood blister from being pinched between the butt and the mag extension/floor plate.

I considering getting another one and understand the +0 mag extension (I believe from Pierce) are supposed to give a better grip. My question is...anyone out there who has a G36 that pinched their finger with the stock mag but solved the problem with the after market mag extension?

Dave

tooouter
02-21-2010, 00:52
The Pierce +0 mag extensions work perfectly. Without them the G36 isn't fun for me to shoot, with them though I can shoot it all day. I've got pretty big meat hooks, wear a size 10 1/2 glove and haven't ever pinched a finger since I added the Pierce's. They also match the grip texture on the front strap so well that nobody can tell they aren't stock.

Dave T
02-21-2010, 08:20
Thanks tooouter. I was beginning to think no one else had hands like mine. Appreciate the feedback!

Dave

coq
02-21-2010, 09:00
I owned one of the early 36s and although it was reliable I eventually sold it because every time I shot it the ring finger of my strong hand got a blood blister from being pinched between the butt and the mag extension/floor plate.

I considering getting another one and understand the +0 mag extension (I believe from Pierce) are supposed to give a better grip. My question is...anyone out there who has a G36 that pinched their finger with the stock mag but solved the problem with the after market mag extension?

Dave

If you try to use the floor plate as a pinky rest it can pinch, because the mag can move during the action. Most subcompacts are designed to go 2 fingers, curling pinky under the mag...on a stock 36 this is probably best too, just not as obvious since there's almost room there for pinky.

So, yes. Pearce +0 definitely gives you a good pinky rest without adding much length to the grip. I like a +0 on my carry 36, with a +1 in my pocket.

Jermedic
02-22-2010, 21:42
I have the pierce +0 extensions on my all of my magazines for my 36. I had the same problem getting pinched and now the problem is solved.