Used M&P 40 C from a friend. How did I do? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Used M&P 40 C from a friend. How did I do?

AFshooter
02-19-2010, 22:40
Got a S&W M&P 40 C with four mags and a Comp-Tac Infidel holster from a buddy moving overseas. He said he thinks he fired about 500 rounds out of it. I got this package for $400. How did I do? Is this a decent price for a used gun considering Cabelas is selling them for $425?
Anything I should now about this gun? I'm a Glock guy and can't seem to find a lot of info on it considering how new the model is.

Two Guns
02-19-2010, 22:55
I think you got a good deal.

Glockasarous
02-19-2010, 23:51
You got a good deal. Postive on all accounts in my understanding so far. One thing it has going for it over the Glock is that it has natural line of sight.... when you hold it up in front of you, you will see the sights pointing front instead of in the clouds like Glocks. My point is that the grip angle is prone to point natural towards the target. Yes the Glock shoots wonderful and is basically wonderful in most rights, but let's face it, the Glock will be pointing into the clouds if you close your eyes and stick it out in front of you, and then open your eyes looking down the bbl.... $400 is a steal for an M&P.

AFshooter
02-20-2010, 00:08
You got a good deal. Postive on all accounts in my understanding so far. One thing it has going for it over the Glock is that it has natural line of sight.... when you hold it up in front of you, you will see the sights pointing front instead of in the clouds like Glocks. My point is that the grip angle is prone to point natural towards the target. Yes the Glock shoots wonderful and is basically wonderful in most rights, but let's face it, the Glock will be pointing into the clouds if you close your eyes and stick it out in front of you, and then open your eyes looking down the bbl.... $400 is a steal for an M&P.

I've been shooting Glocks for so long that this M&P points low when I do as you describe!

One huge kudo to Smith and Wesson is the rail on this "Sub-Compact" (again, comparing with Glock) sized gun. The TLR-3 fits like it was made for the M&P C.