Trouble cycling a round in a G27 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trouble cycling a round in a G27

pzlehr
02-20-2010, 11:04
Hi,
I bought a G27 used and of course was unable to fire it, but it seemed like an ok gun for the price...no real wear,etc. The problem is when I place a mag in the gun and try to slingshot the slide or, and worse yet when shooting, the slide will not chamber a round and move forward. This happens with all my mags, I converted to a 9mm and used 9mm ammo with 9mm mags and still the same thing!! Whne it does that I instead have to use the slide lock(or release) to chamber a round...every time. I am hoping it can be fixed. I compared how it looked inside with my G23 and nothing seemed out of order, but then I am not exactly what to look for. Any help will be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

Chuck

road1will
02-20-2010, 12:28
Hi,
I bought a G27 used and of course was unable to fire it, but it seemed like an ok gun for the price...no real wear,etc. The problem is when I place a mag in the gun and try to slingshot the slide or, and worse yet when shooting, the slide will not chamber a round and move forward. This happens with all my mags, I converted to a 9mm and used 9mm ammo with 9mm mags and still the same thing!! Whne it does that I instead have to use the slide lock(or release) to chamber a round...every time. I am hoping it can be fixed. I compared how it looked inside with my G23 and nothing seemed out of order, but then I am not exactly what to look for. Any help will be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

Chuck

Is everything properly lubricated? I had this problem with my Sig and found it was not lubed well enough.

mteagle1
02-20-2010, 12:43
Glock's are not Sig's that need to be dipped in oil.

The 1st thing to look at is the slide stop lever. With the slide removed, make sure the slide stop spring is working. Next to make sure you can see the tip of the slide stop spring below the locking block pin (top pin). Sounds like improper frame assembly of parts. Proper Pin assembly is locking block first then trigger pin which retains the slide stop lever. Do not go down and in the slot in the trigger assy as the little spring on the slide stop lever can jump behind the locking block pin. Pins are removed left to right and inserted right to left.

pzlehr
02-20-2010, 12:44
I need to clean it and a couple other guns so I'll make sure it's lubed. The slide just does not go into battery without using the slide release...maybe the release is goofed up??

Cole125
02-20-2010, 12:46
The best thing you could do is take it to a gun smith. Either you are doing something wrong or there is something big wrong with the gun.

Try this. Lock the slide back, put in the mag then then hit the slide release.

JohnKSa
02-20-2010, 19:45
It sounds like someone who didn't know what they were doing took the gun apart and incorrectly reinstalled the slide stop lever.

Check to see if the slide stop lever spring end is going over the top of the locking block pin or if it's under the locking block pin like it should be.

pzlehr
02-21-2010, 06:31
Yep, that was it....the slide stop spring was sticking up instead of laying where it was supposed to. Hard to see! But after I fixed it, it shoots great!!
Thanks for the tips!!

JohnKSa
02-21-2010, 19:03
Glad it's working!

Glockrunner
02-21-2010, 22:18
Because the gun is used and was found to be incorrectly assembled may I suggest replacing the recoil spring too? Just a simple maintenance suggestion and they are cheap assurance the gun will function correctly.