Gen 4 G37 slide thickness? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gen 4 G37 slide thickness?

rrrr
02-20-2010, 21:10
Gang,

Has anyone seen the Gen 4 G37? I wonder if the slide would be more narrow like a standard 17/22/36 slide now that they have a new recoil system for the 4th generations?

Has FHP taken delivery of the new 37s?

DannyR
02-21-2010, 05:06
As of now, there are no Gen4 G37's. Florida will take delivery in June. No one can answer your question regarding a change in slide width, but I suspect there will be no change.

rrrr
02-26-2010, 15:30
Reason I ask, is I picked up an XD service size in .45 GAP and notice the slide is more narrow (actually the same size as their service size .40/9) though more narrow, it actually has a dual recoil assembly like Glock is going to.

It would be easier to find holsters, it would be a bit lighter, and most of all less bulky. I like my G38, but would be ecstatic if it had a true G19/36 width slide!

Interestingly, in comparing the XD with my G38 their OAL is the same. The Glock is just a tad shorter in the grip.

I love the GAP cartridge. Heck, it's what got me into reloading in the first place. I just wish the other companies would make the smaller guns as the cartridge would allow for and the rounds popularity would no doubt increase.

Dave