Kimber's and HP ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kimber's and HP ammo

mwb1978
02-22-2010, 05:19
Hey Guys,

I'm thinking about getting a Kimber Custom Eclipse II, 5". (.45)

How reliable is this particular pistol and also stock Kimber's in general with HP ammo? We all know 1911's were meant to shoot ball ammo, but unfortunately the Geneva conventions weren't written with crack-crazed inner-city junkies in mind.

Also, do Kimber's generally need a "fluff and buff" job done in order to get reliable HP feeding?

If I get it, it may serve occasional CC duty.

Thanks

itsgottabeapit
02-22-2010, 06:47
I had a friend at a gunshop a few years ago that owned an Eclipse. If I remember right the finish on the gun isn't great for wearing in a holster (his got a scratch pretty easy). But this was a couple of years ago, the finish may have changed. Since the gun will see occasional CC duty I thought I'd mention it.

Disregarded9-side
02-22-2010, 12:49
Kimbers are designed and tested with modern defense ammunition.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

FullClip
02-22-2010, 15:24
Maybe I've just been lucky, but in my 3 Kimbers (Ultra Carry, Eclipse Pro and full sized CDP) I haven't had any feed problems at all with any type of ammo, several types of hollow points, RN lead or ball ammo. Just be sure to make sure your unit functions with what you plan on carrying and that your carry magazines are all tested too.
The shiny flat sides on the slide of the Eclipse do exagerate small scratches, but I don't worry about it too much.

dkyser
02-22-2010, 17:35
I just picked up a Custom Covert II today but have not shot it yet. I did have a Desert Warriors for years and never an issue with any kind of ammo.