G36 fte [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G36 fte

CTG36
02-22-2010, 06:11
I'm new to forum and have read many FTE horror stories; but I maybe another. I just returned from the range, new G36, and like many, "FTE problems". I think it might be self induced, I switched to "Pearce Plus One" extensions before ever shooting it. I was thinking that the lower spring pressure caused the round not to be forced off the extractor before the slide moved forward again, jamming the spent case between the new round and the slide. I'm switching back to stock on one mag and "Plus Zero" on the other. Also I was using "Lawman 230 FMJ" and was advised to try a lighter round by the local Glock, gun store guy. This week I'll try again.
I hoping it was either:
1- Plus One Mags (weak spring pressure)
2- Oil on the recoil spring pin (hydraulic action)
3- Gun not broken in (only 50 rounds)
Other info: Gun was spotlessly clean, not limp wrist grip.

CanyonMan
03-01-2010, 19:41
I'm new to forum and have read many FTE horror stories; but I maybe another. I just returned from the range, new G36, and like many, "FTE problems". I think it might be self induced, I switched to "Pearce Plus One" extensions before ever shooting it. I was thinking that the lower spring pressure caused the round not to be forced off the extractor before the slide moved forward again, jamming the spent case between the new round and the slide. I'm switching back to stock on one mag and "Plus Zero" on the other. Also I was using "Lawman 230 FMJ" and was advised to try a lighter round by the local Glock, gun store guy. This week I'll try again.
I hoping it was either:
1- Plus One Mags (weak spring pressure)
2- Oil on the recoil spring pin (hydraulic action)
3- Gun not broken in (only 50 rounds)
Other info: Gun was spotlessly clean, not limp wrist grip.

I was just telling someone on another thread here about this. A friend at Glock told me last week that the WWB was not enough for the G36 and caused problems. He suggested a hotter round than the WWB 230gr FMJ.

Could be you. Maybe. Could be the Lawman ammo. Maybe.

Suggestion from past experience with tons of other Glocks in every sixe and caliber.

I would put a bit heaver recoil spring in it, and really work on the grip and make sure it ain't you (no offence meant, but some folks have a real hard time with 3" 45's ) and also try some Remington 23ogr FMJ or as I suggested to the other guy, some "CCI Brass". I carry the CCI brass FMJ full time in ALL my 45acp's it is ver reliable and may work better for you.

Hope something here helps with your situation. I think it will.
BTW. I would also take a t-shirt type patch and put some flitz on it and use your fingers NOT a dremel tool, and polish the feed ramp and chamber. This has always worked for me even in a stubborn gun.

Good luck.

CanyonMan

tuica
03-02-2010, 18:03
I purchased a used G36 in October. Not known how many rounds through it (made June 2009), but shoots fine w/ Pearce +0 and WinWhBox 230 FMJ and any other round I load. Good Luck with yours.

Jim S.
03-19-2010, 14:49
I would use a factory mag and see what happens.
I've never seen the need to go to a heavier recoil spring.
Might want to try a different ammo too.

The Habit
03-19-2010, 16:43
FWIW, my G36 runs 100% with Pearce +0 mag extensions. However, with a Pearce +1 (factory mag spring), there is some follower tilt which causes occasional FTEs. I run the +1 at the range only and consider it a good thing since it gives me the opportunity to run clearance failure drills.

Long story short: run factory floor plates or Pearce +0 on your carry mags after verifying proper function. Leave the +1 stuff for the range.

the perfesser
03-19-2010, 18:35
My experiences with the +1 mags (standard mag springs) has been different from some of the posters. I have had no problems at all in my purchased-slightly-used G36. The previous owner had added the +1 Pearce bases. On subsequently purchased mags I have left half stock, half with +1.

My only observation is that manually racking the slide is more difficult with the +1. But that is not a problem; I routinely load +1 mags -- intended anyway for the reload mag in case SHTF -- from slide lock.