decent deal on 5.11 knife at la police gear [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : decent deal on 5.11 knife at la police gear

rem2429
02-22-2010, 22:41
5.11s on closeout including the 10-8 tanto knife for 39.99. That is 60.00 off their price and well below other forums. Not a great knife, but darn good for 40 bucks.

rem2429
03-01-2010, 13:10
Well, after losing my last benchmade, I bought one of these at $39.99 to replace it in my EDC rotation. While a little big for my tastes, it will do well for EDC clipped into my waist, and I won't cry if I lose it. I'm not a big Tanto fan, but it works well enough for what I need. As a bonus, I learned it works well as a wood chisel. :whistling: The 154cm blade and G10 grips are well made. The liners and liner lock are a little on the thin side and very stiff. It can be opened by a good wrist flick, and I like holes better than studs on the blade. All in all, a good deal for the knife.

mercop
03-02-2010, 14:47
The reason it is on close out because it is a POS. Someone gave my kid one a while back. I never looked at before giving him the box. He opened it up and it was missing a screw from the factory. 5.11 should have stuck to clothes (which are inferior to Woolrich Elite) You could got to Wally World and get yourself a Spyderco Native for about the same price and have a good knife.- George

mesteve2
03-02-2010, 15:22
The reason it is on close out because it is a POS. Someone gave my kid one a while back. I never looked at before giving him the box. He opened it up and it was missing a screw from the factory. 5.11 should have stuck to clothes (which are inferior to Woolrich Elite) You could got to Wally World and get yourself a Spyderco Native for about the same price and have a good knife.- George
:wow:
You know sir!
Sorry 511 did not do a better job :wow:

I have given my wife and twin daughters Spyderco 12 years ago. And they still carry them knives.

They think they are Great!
:wow:

rem2429
03-03-2010, 16:56
Hmm...
No missing screws here.
154 CM blade
G10 scales
admittedly mediocore liner lock
Not great, but hardly a POS, and half the cost of the cheapest Native I have seen.
BTW I already own a Delica, which is a great knife.

a1b2c3
03-05-2010, 22:05
I'm a Spyderco Endura man but I do own one of these 5.11 10-8s and it's a good solid blade that I've been carrying with an endura the last 8 months. I have no complaints on the knife or their clothing.

camdz
03-06-2010, 15:43

In my opinion the $40 Spyderco Native from Walmart was one of the best deals going. They have been discontinued as far as I know (at least around here). I get where you are going though, and wont turn this into a "buy this knife instead" thread.

Legion Etrangere
03-08-2010, 10:01

:wow:George,the OP stated it was not a great knife in his post. Yet in your attempt in sharing a little wisdom you kind of thread crapped his post. Better to have sent a PM? I know,I didn't PM you.:supergrin:.

mercop
03-08-2010, 16:58
You are right. I apologize. Dick move on my part.-George