Brownell's 30rd Magazines [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Brownell's 30rd Magazines

INhondo
02-23-2010, 14:08
Are they reliable?

cyrsequipment
02-23-2010, 14:16
They are supposedly the contract mags for the military....

I have 8 of them and have never had an issue with them.

Glockdude1
02-23-2010, 14:19
I have the 30 and 20rd versions. Great magazines, never a problem. I have left them fully loaded for months at a time.

:thumbsup:

thunderinms
02-23-2010, 14:29
They are great, but made in the same factory as C-products. You catch them right on here or on sale some where and order them as cheap as $7 vs. Brownells' $15.

DWhitehorne
02-23-2010, 14:31
I've got a couple I used on duty until pmags came out. Never had a problem with them. Brownells advertised a USGI contract at one time. David

kabob983
02-23-2010, 14:52
They are great, but made in the same factory as C-products.

Really? I didn't know that.

I've heard good and bad about C-Products, but they typically sell for $8 on AIM Surplus.

INhondo
02-23-2010, 15:06
Thanks guys, I've ordered a combo set to evaluate, 10 for $99.00.

faawrenchbndr
02-23-2010, 16:13
I've got two or three,....work fine.

mvician
02-23-2010, 17:09
They are great, but made in the same factory as C-products.

uh, ya........

Onmilo
02-23-2010, 21:56
I have a bunch of Brownells AR mags, 20 & 30 rounders.
I like them better than my P-Mags.

They should still have a deal going, 10 magazines, 5 each 20 shot, 5 each 30 shot for $99.

lawman800
02-23-2010, 23:19
I bought a bunch of C-mags recently, haven't tried them out yet.

Does anyone know if any vendors will ship 30 rounders into CA to a LEO or am I stuck buying local and paying the ransom (sales tax) to Sacramento?

thunderinms
02-25-2010, 20:32

Does anyone know if any vendors will ship 30 rounders into CA to a LEO or am I stuck buying local and paying the ransom (sales tax) to Sacramento?

Uh... Road trip to Nevada!!!

lawman800
02-25-2010, 20:38
Uh... Road trip to Nevada!!!

Pick me up, I'll split gas with ya.

cyrsequipment
02-26-2010, 05:59

Contact a LE dealer, that was how I got my Hi-Caps during the nationwide ban.

If you register as an LEO with Brownells, they might sell them to you (and give you the "not-so-secret" discount), but I'm a little far away from California, so I'm not too familiar with your gun laws.

lawman800
02-26-2010, 07:47

If you register as an LEO with Brownells, they might sell them to you (and give you the "not-so-secret" discount), but I'm a little far away from California, so I'm not too familiar with your gun laws.

I have registered with Brownell... gotta give them a call. There is also a stupid rule that assault weapon parts can't be shipped to CA which means I gotta buy all my foregrips, rails, etc. from local dealers and pay tax. That's stupid too. I try to buy it all outside of LA county at least so I don't pay them that extra 1% county sales tax.

cyrsequipment
02-26-2010, 08:12
I have registered with Brownell... gotta give them a call. There is also a stupid rule that assault weapon parts can't be shipped to CA which means I gotta buy all my foregrips, rails, etc. from local dealers and pay tax. That's stupid too. I try to buy it all outside of LA county at least so I don't pay them that extra 1% county sales tax.

Wow... I'll feel bad for you while I'm shooting my SBR AR with all the useless (and evil) attachments with the 30rd mags...:supergrin:

If I ever get the frigging thing back together.:steamed:

I like Maine.:cool:

Jon_R
02-26-2010, 08:31

Since you have magazines already and just need rebuild kits you can get 30 round mags disassembled from www.44mag.com and then just toss the parts you don't need. :whistling: It adds a $1 per mag but will keep you existing mags in top shape.

lawman800
02-26-2010, 21:50
Wow... I'll feel bad for you while I'm shooting my SBR AR with all the useless (and evil) attachments with the 30rd mags...:supergrin:

If I ever get the frigging thing back together.:steamed:

I like Maine.:cool:

Okay, here goes:

Pistol grip is the EVILEST of all features on a rifle. It cannot coexist with a detachable magazine. We need to have a bullet button or permanently fix the magazine to the rifle if we want to have a pistol grip on it. Either way, the magazine has to be 10 rounds.

You can take out the pistol grip and convert it with a Monster Man grip to make the AR or AK look sorta like a failed science experiment so you can have detachable 10 round magazines, because as we all know, at 11 rounds, people go mad and commit mass murders.

When you put a pistol grip together with a detachable magazine of more than 10 rounds capacity, I think the evil just comes out and burns down the nearest house just to make a statement of how evil it is.

We have had the ban since 2000 and I surely can see that in the last 10 years, this state has become the world leader in safety because I am no longer worried about roving marauding gangs of pistol grip detachable magazine rifle wielding thugs walking around the street and hanging out at the local 7-11.

lawman800
02-26-2010, 21:56
Since you have magazines already and just need rebuild kits you can get 30 round mags disassembled from www.44mag.com and then just toss the parts you don't need. :whistling: It adds a $1 per mag but will keep you existing mags in top shape.

Thanks, the 20 pack with free PMag for $200 is cool and then add 21 rebuild kit handling costs and it's like $221 for 21 rebuild mag kits with free shipping. Pretty cool site.

It's a toss up now because my local LE dealer will have the same prices after tax but this way I am not paying taxes to Sacramento and I don't have to drive there to pick it up.

Onmilo
02-27-2010, 00:21
This is a blog post about the Brownells .mil magazine order.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/06/13/brownells-shipping-m16-magazines-with-anti-tilt-follower-to-military/

Andrewsky
02-27-2010, 01:27
They are great, but made in the same factory as C-products. You catch them right on here or on sale some where and order them as cheap as $7 vs. Brownells' $15.

I don't think they're the same as C-products.

I have used 7 of the 30 rounders. They are fantastic.

RFPhoto
02-27-2010, 14:02

Both Brownells and Midway will not ship regular capacity mags to even LEO's. I have spoken directly to the owners about this. Their reasoning is that they do not have in place a way to verify eligibility to erify LE status.
I just get mine from 44MAG.

cyrsequipment
02-27-2010, 14:05
Both Brownells and Midway will not ship regular capacity mags to even LEO's. I have spoken directly to the owners about this. Their reasoning is that they do not have in place a way to verify eligibility to erify LE status.
I just get mine from 44MAG.

That's too bad....

lawman800
02-27-2010, 18:23
That's what I figured about mail orders of free state magazines.