Mossberg 930 SPX accessories questions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg 930 SPX accessories questions

ScrappyDoo
02-24-2010, 09:42
Few questions on getting some accessories for the 930 SPX..

First, I'm thinking I need a sling. Where can I find one? and are there some that are better than others? Perhaps a bandoleer sling?

Also something that attaches to hold extra rounds, perhaps on the stock?

another thing thats been bugging me is this. it has the picatinnay rail... but also ghost ring sights. So I would imagine I don't need to add optics/sights... But what else to use the rail for? Mounting a light? What's a good suggestion?

Thanks all, am I missing anything? OH YEAH....

HYPOTHETICALLY, in THEORY, someone wanted to remove the extended magazine and just use the normal capacity, how would they do that and what part/parts would they need?

Thanks!

frankr
02-24-2010, 10:01

First, I'm thinking I need a sling. Where can I find one? and are there some that are better than others? Perhaps a bandoleer sling?

Also something that attaches to hold extra rounds, perhaps on the stock?

another thing thats been bugging me is this. it has the picatinnay rail... but also ghost ring sights. So I would imagine I don't need to add optics/sights... But what else to use the rail for? Mounting a light? What's a good suggestion?

HYPOTHETICALLY, in THEORY, someone wanted to remove the extended magazine and just use the normal capacity, how would they do that and what part/parts would they need?

Thanks!

Check out the attached sites for accessories, they should answer most of your questions

http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/derlin-jam-magazine-follower-p-227.html

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167

As for your last question end cap and 5 shot capacity length spring

mixflip
02-24-2010, 12:21

First, I'm thinking I need a sling. Where can I find one? and are there some that are better than others? Perhaps a bandoleer sling? I am not a big fan of bandoleer slings mostly because when they are loaded up with ammo your gun becomes a freak of nature as far as weight. It becomes unbalanced, unwieldy, and heavy as hell even with light birdshot when fully packed. I prefer an around the waist belt style bandoleer or the old school across the shoulder bandoleer. Keep your gun light and snag free as possible. Check out Midwayusa, Brownells or cheaperthandirt.com or even ebay? I run mine with just a simple and light traditional 2 point sling. Keep it simple I say.

Also something that attaches to hold extra rounds, perhaps on the stock? I like side saddles but from experience I do not like more than 6. 8 rounds of 00buck or buck and ball is a freakin howitzer in your hands as far as a shotgun goes. If 8 rounds doesnt do the job you might be in for a world of hurt if you dont transition to an AR or some other hi capacity fighting rifle or high capacity handgun. I do like side saddles for those instances where you might need to drop in a specialty round like a slug for a long shot or to stop a bear who ate some PCP! 8 shot side saddles filled with 00-buck and a few slugs can ad significant weight. Ad that and a light and light clamp and things may get kinda heavy?

another thing thats been bugging me is this. it has the picatinnay rail... but also ghost ring sights. So I would imagine I don't need to add optics/sights... But what else to use the rail for? Mounting a light? What's a good suggestion? If you stick with just the GRS the gun came with you will be good to go for short range engagements out to 75 yards easily. Thats the beauty of GRS. Now if you want to get all ninjafied...a high quality holo sight like an aimpoint or EoTech or Trijicon will obviously serve you well with quick both eyes open target aquisition but its not needed thats for sure. I say learn to run your gun first then once you master all the techniques it takes to be proficient with shooting a semi auto shotgun i.e shooting and moving and getting off the X, reloading behind cover, dealing with malfunctions ect...then research some optics. Learn to walk then run so to speak. As for lights? An HD shotgun ideally should have a white light so you can 100% identify your target before you obliterate it with 00-buck! There are folks who will debate this but just keep in mind most shotgun encounters happen at o-dark-30 when you are groggy and crusty eyed. Train when to use light and not to use light. Walking around with a constant light on can give your position away. Training goes alone way here.

HYPOTHETICALLY, in THEORY, someone wanted to remove the extended magazine and just use the normal capacity, how would they do that and what part/parts would they need? Frank answered that one already. You need a shorter spring and end cap and you are good to go.

Thanks!

No problem...