AR Upper & BCG Is Here Now what [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AR Upper & BCG Is Here Now what

Daps
02-24-2010, 12:42
Ok guys I just got my BCM upper in and the BCM BCG

The question is and I know it's stupid but how do I install the BCG into the rifle?

I've looked at a youtube video and the guy said make sure the bolt was forward and I've seen a few where it's looks foward but mine sits tight against the carrier.

Well mine doesn't move nor does it just drop in. Is there something I need to do to it first? It seems like the cam I think that's what it's called is hitting the side also

Not the best cell phone pics

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/Dapss/BCG2.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/Dapss/BCG1.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/Dapss/BCG3.jpg

MaximaDrvr
02-24-2010, 12:45
Take the carrier in one hand, and pull and twist the bolt with the other. The 'cam piece' that you are referring to will rotate under the gas tube piece. Then the whole assembly will slide in.

Daps
02-24-2010, 12:52
ERRR Damn :-P
I feel stupid:wow::crying::shocked::faint:

Daps
02-24-2010, 13:03
Thanks MaximaDrvr it slide right in :)
I started to see if I could rotate it.
Man I feel like an idiot

Well here's another crappy pict :-) from my phone. going to take some better ones with my real camera once I find my battery charger

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/Dapss/BCMUpper.jpg

BCM 14.5 with pinned A2x

cmslone
02-24-2010, 13:10
That's the same upper I just bought. Should be getting my lower this week.

Nice choice!

MaximaDrvr
02-24-2010, 13:20
glad I could help.
We all start somewhere.

Nutt51
02-24-2010, 13:27
Daps,

Nice upper, sweet.
I've had my BCM a couple months now and am very pleased.
Give us a range report after you get her together and try her out.
There are other fine ar's out there, but BCM's are excellent,
you won't be sorry.

Don't feel foolish about asking questions.
Nobody knows everything and when you're trying to figure out
something new, talk with and ask advice from those who have
been there and know from experience. You will learn as you go
and will help others yourself later. Good luck and shoot straight.

Daps
02-24-2010, 14:34
Can't wait to get it snapped together. Smells good and oiled up already. I'm going to have to wipe it down some.

Yeah I didn't know. I was looking at a few videos and theirs all looked extended and I was like this thing must turn and go under the tube but said I better ask here first. I'd hate to screw it up :- )

I'm waiting on my Troy RBUIS to get here, it's suppose to come by UPSP and their tracking sucks, it looks like it's here in the city though and I went home for lunch, normally the mail lady comes while I'm there or before I get there for lunch but not today :(
I'm going to be a little ill if she leaves me a come pick up slip :)

I'm also waiting on a 3rd gen Mirco Red Dot from Primary Arms, I guess it'll be here tomorrow

If I can find my battery charger I'll try to take some better picts tonight or I may wait till I get the two sights in and snap some then.

I know I'm going to do some dry firing with it.

Those of you who have the BCM CH is it stronger than the standard mil spec one? The mil spec one seems kind flimsy although that might not be the right word I'm looking for.

Finally got my AR after all these years *woot*

kabob983
02-24-2010, 14:46
Don't feel stupid, I did the EXACT same thing when I first got into AR's ("is it broken, it won't go in!"). Then I remembered one of my buddies mentioning that the bolt had to be forward and I guess that he meant and figured it out.

Just wait till the first time you strip the BCG, then put it all back together but don't push the firing pin all the way in...you'll pin it in and assume it's in there and it'll fall out. Maybe I'm the only guy who had that issue though :P

Daps
02-24-2010, 14:54
LOL It's good to know I'm not the only one who was thinking what the heck is going on here.

If i had a complete rifle already assembled I probably wouldn't have had any issues

kabob983
02-24-2010, 14:56
Not necessarily, the first time you clean it and put it back together you'd be in the exact same position.

Daps
02-24-2010, 15:00
Ohhhh guess i would've made a I broke my AR post then ahha
Now I just need for my sights to get in and the weather to act right so I can take it out and run some ammo through it which sadly looks like i'll have to wait till next weekend :crying:

Daps
02-24-2010, 19:15
Ok here are some quick shots. I'll take some better ones when I have a chance to pose it and get proper lighting...

Still wanted to thank all you guys for your insight and good advice as I researched

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/Dapss/BCM2.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/Dapss/BCM1.jpg

djegators
02-24-2010, 19:23
Very nice setup, congrats!

kabob983
02-25-2010, 07:49
Very sharp, congrats! You gonna optic that bad boy or shoot irons for a while? Optics are certainly easier to use but I think irons are more gratifying...just saying.

Daps
02-25-2010, 08:15
Thanks. It fits nice and snug too :)

I have a Primary Arms Micro Dot coming to toy with if it's not lost in the mail(I hate USPS tracking btw)

I'm going to get learn to rock those irons though:) For target shooting it's just something about getting hits with irons to me, with scopes once you get it sighted it's almost like cheating :) Reminds me of when I was little and had a M16 bb/pellet gun and it's setup is almost the same as the AR irons as far as the rear sight hole and front post, no adjustments on the bb gun that i can remember. I'm hoping the sight picture is similar if so wooooa boy, no bird or squirrel was safe back then. Speaking of sight pictures I guess I need to go google and see what it should look like on the AR shooting irons.

I want a sling but not sure which or how I want to attach it

Jon_R
02-25-2010, 12:52
I am starting the process of putting together a BCM rifle. At least a BCM uppper. Waiting on my SBR Tax stamp them I think I will order a 11.5" BCM upper. The tax stamps is tied to the lower so Essential Arms will be the lower.

So far I have the BCG complete and charging handle. I got those now since I have a Carbine class on the 7th and wanted them as spares in case I need them if a rifle goes down. I could order the upper now since my stripped lowers are virgin I could claim it is for a pistol build but am currently waiting. SBR Form went to the investigator Dec 1st.

kabob983
02-25-2010, 14:58
I am starting the process of putting together a BCM rifle. At least a BCM uppper. Waiting on my SBR Tax stamp them I think I will order a 11.5" BCM upper. The tax stamps is tied to the lower so Essential Arms will be the lower.

So far I have the BCG complete and charging handle. I got those now since I have a Carbine class on the 7th and wanted them as spares in case I need them if a rifle goes down. I could order the upper now since my stripped lowers are virgin I could claim it is for a pistol build but am currently waiting. SBR Form went to the investigator Dec 1st.

If you're going to SBR it and tie it to a lower why not tie it to a BCM lower? Might as well go all one mfr for an SBR (lucky SBR state...)

Jon_R
02-25-2010, 15:04
If you're going to SBR it and tie it to a lower why not tie it to a BCM lower? Might as well go all one mfr for an SBR (lucky SBR state...)

Because I mailed in my Form with the lower serial number to them in Nov. To late now. :) I might do a 9 and .223 so maybe I will get BCM lower for the next stamp and then just move the upper over and make a 9mm with the current lower.

KalashniKEV
02-25-2010, 15:17
This thread is like whoa...

NeverMore1701
02-25-2010, 15:35
Good pick on your upper, I'm sure you'll love it!

As for the BCM GunFighter CH, it has a few advantages over the milspec version, I think the differences are detailed on their site. I love mine, got the large latch version and did the quick'n'dirty gasbuster mod to it.