Shot timmer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shot timmer

RWBlue
02-24-2010, 21:41
I am not sure if this is the best place for this thread or maybe the competition area. If the moderators know a better spot, please move and bump, so I can find it.

I am looking for a new shot timer.
What is out there (features, functions, brands…)?
What is good?
Any of them suck?

Thanks

BTW, If this has been discussed to death, link me to the threads. I didn't find what I was looking for in the search, but I might not be getting the right key words.

Gallium
02-25-2010, 04:18
I use a CED7000. For my limited purposes, it is fine.

http://www.cedhk.com/shop/categories/Shooting-Electronics/CED7000-Shot-Timer-%26-Accessories/

'Drew

HK Dan
02-25-2010, 08:12
We're on the same page AGAIN, Drew. That's a really good timer, fully featured, and at a decent price.

I like it better than my PACT Club timer, which uses 2 AA batteries. the downside of the 7000 is the rechargeable batteries that can't be replaced by the user; they do have an auxilliary battery pack you can use (2 AAs). Side note--I have 3 CED 7000s, they are almost 2 years old, and the NiCads are still fine.

On the 7000 you get adjustable senitivity--it can actually go low enough to pick up an airsoft gun, but at that level you also pick up holster noise and the inevitable cuss words. <g>

The beeper has adjustable volume--great for dry fire practice when you don't want the spousal unit getting annoyed.

It has variable and random start times, and variable 'scoring'--you can actually have it time strings within a stage. NICE feature for my purposes--IDPA/USPSA and practice stages.

It has a memory. You can compare different runs. Most reset with a new start and old strings are lost.

It has an I/O port so you can use it to activate targets.

It's the smallest, most advanced timer in the world. (I know that because their ad says so). LOL

100% solid piece of gear.

Stay away from the bulkier CED timers. Those are clunky and the start beeper sounds more like a fart in a foghorn. To top it off, they are less fully featured than the club timer.

Hope that helped!