Used G-20's? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Used G-20's?

527varmint
02-25-2010, 14:18
There have been 1 or two used G-20's up for sale in my area. I'm wondering what I should look for when examining a g-20.

I can't ever recall anyone haveing a major problem with their glock. Most feed issues seem to just be an old mag spring or something like that. Should I be worried about getting a lemon?

I am a little hesitant to buy a self defense gun used. But I guess if I put a thousand rounds down the pipe and make sure the springs are all new and it doesn't jam during that test it should be ok.

whats a good price? I could get one out the door new for about 600. Plus dros.

Leathernecker
02-25-2010, 22:12
I picked up a 2nd Gen G20 that is really well used. Usually, one only sees this much slide wear on a cop turn-in so I believe this thing had lots of holster time.

It also turns out that the previous owner(s) put a few non-stock parts in it, which I have issue with. I'll be further function testing it at the range on Saturday, and if anything acts up, out it goes. I prefer my Glocks to be near stock.

I know I've strayed far from your question. I'd say that under 500 bucks with both high capacity mags is a decent deal. The closer to 400 bucks you can get, the better. For more than 5 bills, I expect a pristine pistol, inside and out, with stock internals, and all of the pieces that it came with (box, rod, brush, mag loader, etc.)

bush pilot
03-07-2010, 19:33
I picked up a 20C in mint condition last fall for $400.00 OTD. I made the mistake of telling a friend about the deal and he conned me out of the gun. He's smarter than he looks.