B&J Machine model 500 Universal sight tool [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : B&J Machine model 500 Universal sight tool

PlayboyPenguin
02-25-2010, 13:39
Does anyone have any experience with one of these? I found one in stock at midway.com and was wondering if anyone had used one before. The reviews on the net seem to be extremely positive.

http://media.midwayusa.com/ProductImages/Medium/163458.jpg

itsgottabeapit
02-25-2010, 15:35
I've only read reviews like you. I've read it works great but takes quite some time to set up each time. I think I've read about it rolling off of some sights (Kimber I belive). good luck deciding which one to get.

JohnKSa
02-25-2010, 21:27
If the gun has slide-mounted safety/decocking lever(s) you'll probably have to remove them before you can use the tool.

It's well thought out and well made, but as mentioned, you will have to set it up properly. I think it's really made to work best if put in a vise.

I have one and although I haven't used it yet, I have spent a good bit of time messing with it and figuring it out.

If you have more questions about it or want some more pics let me know.

BHP9
02-26-2010, 07:26
If the gun has slide-mounted safety/decocking lever(s) you'll probably have to remove them before you can use the tool.

It's well thought out and well made, but as mentioned, you will have to set it up properly. I think it's really made to work best if put in a vise.

I have one and although I haven't used it yet, I have spent a good bit of time messing with it and figuring it out.

If you have more questions about it or want some more pics let me know.

I have one and it works.

It does have to be used in a vise (5" or bigger).

Is a PITA to set up and not really designed for the S&W M&P series slides but it can be shimmed for use.

The toughest sights I have removed are from a SIG P225.

Mongosafari
03-07-2010, 23:35
I got the Kaiser -Uni-200L several months ago. So far it has fit every pistol I have tried in it. It's great for front and rear dovetail sights. No more specialized sight pushers for Glock, Beretta, HK, Sig and what have you.

It's not too big, light weight and easily fits in your range bag. As soon as someone sees you use it; you will have more "friends" than you know what to do with. Shooting time is over and you will be adjusting everyones sights...

http://www.topgunsupply.com/kaiser-uni200L-unitool-sight-adjusting-installation-tool.html

thomjb
03-08-2010, 20:28
I have had and used one for several years. I had a piece of unistrut, square metal tube, welded to the bottom of it so I can clamp it in a vise. I have used on Sigs, Glocks, HK's, etc. It does a good job if you take the time to set it up right. Really tight sights are an issue.
If I had the money for a dedicated tool for each of the fireamrs I have that would be my first choice, but since that won't happen, I give this unit a B+ grade.