Help Me Find This Knife? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Find This Knife?

GreyEclipse
02-25-2010, 18:40
Hey, I'm looking for a certain "style" of knife, I've found many types similar to it but I cant find the exact one that I'm looking for. I've been looking for quite a while too...

The knife has a fixed blade, its about 4-5inches long, has a serrated back edge about half way up the blade. The grip is rubber, I think but I can't be sure. The handle has a sort of circular blunt end that sticks out from your hand, for blunt striking. The blade is not curved and the blade is only sharp on one side. That's not including the serrations, of course they're sharp.
Oh, it's also a flat, thinish knife made strictly for fighting.

Sorry for this disorganized post. Hope this sloppy description helps...lol.
I've been on the lookout for this exact design for a long time.
So any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Ernest Emerson
03-09-2010, 09:38
Dear GreyEclipse,

Sorry, but your description doesn't ring a bell. I was thinking it was the Warrior designed by Bob Taylor until you said the blade was straight. The Warrior is curved. But, take a look on the web - just google Bob Taylor's Warrior or his Hobbit Knife and see if it could be the knife your thinking of. They were of course Fighters start to finish.

Best Regards,

Ernest R. Emerson

GreyEclipse
03-10-2010, 17:11
No, this isn't the knife that I described. Thank you, I'll continue looking.
I once found it online but I forgot the name of the site.
I'm looking to purchase it now but just can't seem to find it again.

Thanks again.

GreyEclipse
03-20-2010, 18:18
Bump.

This is the knife except the serrations are on the front of the blade.
Are there any models with the serrations on the back?
What is your opinion on this knife?

Gerber 22-01629 LMF II Black Infantry Knife- 4.8 inch blade

Ernest Emerson
03-26-2010, 09:41
Dear Grey Eclipse,

I suggest that you contact Gerber to inquire about their product. There are literally thousands of models of knives from dozen of companies. I am not familiar with all of them. Glad you found it.

My Best Regards,

Ernest R. Emerson