Question about the back of a P380 slide???? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question about the back of a P380 slide????

Gideon46
02-25-2010, 22:32
Need some input folks. Just got a P380 and noticed that the square metal piece at the very back end of the slide (facing the shooters) isn't flush with the slide. It's raised up maybe a 1/16th to an 1/8 of an inch. I also have a P9, K9, and MK9 and that part on the back of the slide is perfectly flush. It's the small metal square part with the horizontal grooves in it that you stare at when you hold the gun up in front of you and look at the end of the slide facing you.

Is this part flush on all of your P380's or can you catch with your fingernail?

Is this something I should be concerned about?

And finally, my mag release is HARD to release. You really have to push it all the way down and it's hard. Not like any of my other Kahr's. What say you?

I'll probably call Kahr and ask but wanted to get your thoughts first.

Thanks all!

Gideon

viniglock
02-26-2010, 14:02
Need some input folks. Just got a P380 and noticed that the square metal piece at the very back end of the slide (facing the shooters) isn't flush with the slide. It's raised up maybe a 1/16th to an 1/8 of an inch. I also have a P9, K9, and MK9 and that part on the back of the slide is perfectly flush. It's the small metal square part with the horizontal grooves in it that you stare at when you hold the gun up in front of you and look at the end of the slide facing you.

Is this part flush on all of your P380's or can you catch with your fingernail?

Is this something I should be concerned about?

And finally, my mag release is HARD to release. You really have to push it all the way down and it's hard. Not like any of my other Kahr's. What say you?

I'll probably call Kahr and ask but wanted to get your thoughts first.

Thanks all!

Gideon

Not to be a jerk, but did you read the manual?
Some of the issues are explained there if not
go to the FAQ at Kahr site.

Gideon46
02-27-2010, 08:23
Well, I know you're not being a Jerk. Not very helpful, but not a jerk :whistling:

I've read the manual and have three other Kahrs so I understand the breakin period and I've had guns before where the mag release was tight when new but never like this.

I guess I was hoping folks with Kahrs would look at the back of their slide so I'd know if they saw the piece sitting flush or a 1/16 raised.

I think I'll just call Kahr and ask the question. I got the gun to the range and it worked "okay". It started out with failing to lock to the rear once or twice and hand one stove pipe on the first jhp I fed it but after a hundered or so rounds it seemed to be doing good.

The mag release was a tiny bit better but still way harder than any I've ever had.

I'll call Kahr and finish the breakin.

Gideon

viniglock
02-27-2010, 09:54
Well, I know you're not being a Jerk. Not very helpful, but not a jerk :whistling:

I've read the manual and have three other Kahrs so I understand the breakin period and I've had guns before where the mag release was tight when new but never like this.

I guess I was hoping folks with Kahrs would look at the back of their slide so I'd know if they saw the piece sitting flush or a 1/16 raised.

I think I'll just call Kahr and ask the question. I got the gun to the range and it worked "okay". It started out with failing to lock to the rear once or twice and hand one stove pipe on the first jhp I fed it but after a hundered or so rounds it seemed to be doing good.

The mag release was a tiny bit better but still way harder than any I've ever had.

I'll call Kahr and finish the breakin.

Gideon

Best of luck to you.
You will definitely get the best answers from the source.

Pudd
03-01-2010, 13:30
My P380 slide back protrudes as well. Kahr claims that it is normal.

KCTanfoglio
03-15-2010, 15:34
It's normal. Had mine off twice to clean the striker channel. That little extra protrusion helps in the disassembly process back there. Do it in a ziploc, though. Unless you want to be on your hands and knees with a flashlight for an hour looking for little black springs....