Id DT ammo the only real way to maximize the 10mm experience? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Id DT ammo the only real way to maximize the 10mm experience?

Avengeance
02-26-2010, 00:07
The reason Im asking is I have a XD40 (I know I know) which I am very accurate with.... Im also very accurate with my G29SF. I really enjoy shooting both.

I tend to shoot the XD40 much more for reasons mainly due to ammo prices... well.. when Im searching for 10mm ammo, for target shooting, I lean towards the not so hot stuff..... but then think "Why not just double up my .40 order and just get little order of 10mm hot DTs?.?.?"

I bought my G29SF mainly for woods protection and only carry it once in a while when in the mountains. I hate to say it but Im leaning towards stocking up a small amount of DT hot stuff for the G29SF then mostly storing it away in the safe only for its intended purpse. :crazy:

I must admit... when Im at the range I pull out the G29SF to go BOOM when I want a break from my XD40..... regular ole joe blow loads just dont do it. Are there any alternatives to DT stuff besides reloading?

Thanks.... sorry for the rant. Just needed to vent a bit after doing some ammo shopping.

527varmint
02-26-2010, 15:16
who the heck can afford double tap. Just start reloading you can practice with hot loads and you'll pay off the investment pretty fast compared to shooting double tap.

You can always throw on another barrel for cheap practice without reloading in the 29 either a 40 or 357 .

There are no cheaper alternatives to double tap for full power loads. You could get georgia arms canned heat its a medium power load for target practice its pretty cheap.

Reloading is the only way to go for the 10mm unless you are just filthy stinking rich.

hill billy
02-26-2010, 15:56
I would even reload for 10mm if I was filthy stinking rich. Who wants to wait for people who can't keep up with demand? I'll roll my own, thanks!

Oh and making your own is about the only way to go if you want the hottest available.

fast_dave
02-27-2010, 22:10
Reload...

Angry Fist
02-27-2010, 23:13
Hillbillies have spoken... I'd say keep a coupla mags of DT for business, and shoot anything you can afford for target practice. Shoot enough of everything you can, even if it means reloading, and common sense and training will serve you well... :cool: The power difference (recoil) is only in your mind... don't let it affect hand/eye...

Avengeance
02-28-2010, 04:44
Thanks guys Ill look into reloading

deadmonkey90
02-28-2010, 05:18
Thanks guys Ill look into reloading
however if reloading is not an option then DT is the next best thing.