Experiences with UTG Forends? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with UTG Forends?

pascal
02-26-2010, 06:55
Hello,
Does anyone have experience with the UTG plastic Wasr forend with the bottom rail and cover and a short side rail. What are your opinions on quality and fit. Ability to take a vertical grip securely. I believe it has a heat shield. I am comparing it to the UTG quadrail aluminum. Thanks for any responses.
pascal

ElectricZombie
02-27-2010, 23:30
I have the aluminum quad rail version, and it seems to work as advertised. No complaints. They sell two versions; one slightly oversized for some of the larger Bulgaria barrels. Make sure you order the right one for your particular AK.

pascal
02-28-2010, 07:34
Howdy ElectricZombie,
Thanks for the heads-up. Although I like the old school looks, I do want to install a light.
rhtwist

rich52us
02-28-2010, 07:52
I have an aluminum set-up on a MAK-90. Went on easy as pie. I put an eotec 512 on it with no problem. also a grip and light. All the gear went on as it should and the eotec holds zero even if I take it off and put it back on. It is a little on the heavy side but for me it was 65 bucks well spent.

pascal
02-28-2010, 09:45
Hello rich52us,
Thanks for the experienced opinion. I'm trying to decide on a plastic with rails on the bottom and sides or the Quad Rail. Wonder which is heavier?
pascal

rich52us
02-28-2010, 13:27
Hello rich52us,
Thanks for the experienced opinion. I'm trying to decide on a plastic with rails on the bottom and sides or the Quad Rail. Wonder which is heavier?
pascal

I would guess the plastic would be lighter, but you would still need something on top if you intend to mount an optic.

pascal
02-28-2010, 16:28
I'm using a side mounted scope quick detach.
pascal

rich52us
02-28-2010, 16:30
I'm using a side mounted scope quick detach.
pascal

Then it sounds like the plastic would work. My MAK-90 does not have the side mount.

pascal
02-28-2010, 16:36
Thanks rich52us,
I mainly want the forend to put a vertical grip and a light. Take care.
pascal

Tailhunter
03-03-2010, 18:13
I have an aluminum set-up on a MAK-90. Went on easy as pie. I put an eotec 512 on it with no problem. also a grip and light. All the gear went on as it should and the eotec holds zero even if I take it off and put it back on. It is a little on the heavy side but for me it was 65 bucks well spent.

Can you let us know where you purchased it? Thanks.

rich52us
03-03-2010, 18:42
Can you let us know where you purchased it? Thanks.

I got it at a gun show in Ft Lauderdale, FL about 3 years ago. I think the guy is on line, but I can't remember the name of his company. It was something optics ans his name was Jay. I'll bet you can find it on line. I've also seen them in Shotgun News.

Try this:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=UTG%20AK%20quadrail&mkt=en-us&FORM=DLCTBR&DI=6244&CE=14.0&CM=SearchWeb

9mm +p+
03-03-2010, 22:07
I've got one on my AK pistol, it works fine. I've had a couple of Red dots on/off and they all came back to zero when replaced on the rail, also have a light on it. Seems well machined to me.