easy to replace mag release and trigger? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : easy to replace mag release and trigger?

txpitdog
02-26-2010, 17:08
Got the parts, just wondering if its easy to do. Pistol is a paraord p14.45 Ltd

CMG
02-26-2010, 17:14
Yes, both are quite easy.

nastytrigger
02-26-2010, 18:03
Mag release is simple. Probably a small flat head. Push in a little on the mag catch and then turn the screw to release and the tension will be let off. In with new and then all you have to do is turn the screw (like tightening), but it will snap into place.

Now on the trigger, as far as I know, drop-in. Lots more steps there... I can go through them all, but that may get boring. Have you completely stripped a 1911 before? If so, the trigger is basically the last thing to take off/out besides the grip screw bushings and plunger tube :supergrin: Take your time and don't lose any parts!

Quack
02-26-2010, 18:05
what they said, but if you have a LDA, then that's a whole different story for the trigger.

Magus
02-26-2010, 18:10
Fairly easy to do if you have the know how and proper tools. I try to do as much of my own gunsmithing as possible. I do have one rule though, if I don't feel comfortable doing it or I feel it's out of my skill level I take it to someone else. When I didn't obey that rule, the results have not been desirable. :rofl:

I have one 1911 that's been my guinea pig, so I've learned quite a bit from that one. Some of it through trial and error.

Take a look around Youtube, odds are there's probably a video or two there that might show you how to do the job. Just do some research first if you don't feel totally comfortable with the job, there's probably more than enough info out there to walk you through it.