Swapping uppers and lowers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Swapping uppers and lowers

Ktmexperiment
02-27-2010, 00:15
OK, I'm sure this has been asked before, and YES, I tried searching, but not much luck on my specific question.

Tonight, at work, I swapped a gen 2 and 3 upper and lower on 2 guns. One thing that's already baffled me, is gen 2 guns are supposed to only have 2 pins, but mine had 3, so the swap with the trigger set worked too.
So, I wanted a gen 3 frame for the grooves and rail, but I wanted to keep my trigger set (modified trigger, and lighter connecter), and I didn't feel like fooling with swapping sights, so we swapped uppers too.
Anyways.................everything lined up.
Will this work? It cycles just fine, and everything seems to work. I can only tell a subtle difference..........the front block, and the extractor.

Need some quick answers cause I'll be shooting an IDPA match this weekend.

faawrenchbndr
02-27-2010, 06:56
What model are you talking about?
A 2nd Gen Glock has TWO pins, the trigger pin & the trigger housing pin.
I would guess that your "2nd Gen with three pins" is a Gen 2.5 Glock.

Operation will be fine, but I would not want mismatched serial numbers.:whistling:

Ktmexperiment
02-27-2010, 21:41
Yeah, i guess mine was an oddball in between.........it definitely had 3 pins.

Shot it today, and seemed to do fine. The only weird thing is that I was shooting reloaded ammo. Jammed every other shot on the first stage of competition, but after that it did fine the rest of the day. I dunno if it was getting "seated" in or what the deal was.